Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can I put a couple high strength eye bolt in the holes of the front weight bracket mount of my 2038R, or is that a definite no-no?
Green Wood Motor vehicle Grass Gas

I am referring to the 2, half inch holes visible here under my tool box. My thought is, I have a CRI stump bucket and will be using to remove some poplar stumps. So dig out stump, lift bucket and chain stump to the eye bolts in bracket, back up and drag stump out of the way.

So as asked earlier, is there a reason I really should not do this?

·
Premium Member
10,339 Posts
You could the bracket is certainly heavy enough but I like the bracket CL mentioned better because it gets everything further from the grill. The bracket can take the force but I wonder about any eye bolt high strength or not.

Reactions: driveshaft

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
45,829 Posts
I chose the Heavy Hitch front receiver mount myself. It bolts right up to those holes on my 1 series, don’t know for sure on your 2038R.
A better idea, IMO.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Don't see why you couldn't put an eye bolt in there.
A bolt on clevis/shackle/D ring mount, would work as well. Probably be a lower profile than the receiver. Something like this,
Rectangle Bumper Font Automotive exterior Auto part

Those are for a jeep front bumper.
Ken has the smaller ones at bolt on hooks.

Reactions: decoria

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You could the bracket is certainly heavy enough but I like the bracket CL mentioned better because it gets everything further from the grill. The bracket can take the force but I wonder about any eye bolt high strength or not.
I have found 1/2 inch eye bolts like these.
2400 lb working load I think would be ample.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
View attachment 814538
I did check this out, says works on a 2038R up til 2019, mine is a 2021. I do appreciate the suggestion, but for me, my planned usage, I think way more than I need to spend to hook a chain to drag a stump or log. I have a 2 inch receiver hitch on my pallet fork frame, so more than I need. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
Can I put a couple high strength eye bolt in the holes of the front weight bracket mount of my 2038R, or is that a definite no-no?
View attachment 814537

I am referring to the 2, half inch holes visible here under my tool box. My thought is, I have a CRI stump bucket and will be using to remove some poplar stumps. So dig out stump, lift bucket and chain stump to the eye bolts in bracket, back up and drag stump out of the way.

Why not use a long chain and your bucket hooks or d-rings? That way you can pull and lift.

·
Registered
798 Posts
View attachment 814537

Would probably work for light duty but would be asking too much of the bolt side-loading it under load. My suggestion would be is to get some 1/4" (or thicker) x 3" around 8" long flat stock, knock off the corners of one end, drill a 1 1/2" hole in center at the same end with 3/4" at the end still remaining, mark the two1/2" holes on the frame, add a third hole in the front, drill them out, and bolt them on. Not only will they be able to pull anything the tractor is capable of, they make a great pair of tie-downs for trailering.

Reactions: decoria and Gizmo2

·
Registered
798 Posts
View attachment 814537

Green Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire Tire

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Why not use a long chain and your bucket hooks or d-rings? That way you can pull and lift.
I can use chains to the bucket, OK for lifting, but not so much for dragging.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My suggestion would be is to get some 1/4" (or thicker) x 3" around 8" long flat stock, knock off the corners of one end, drill a 1 1/2" hole in center at the same end with 3/4" at the end still remaining, mark the two1/2" holes on the frame, add a third hole in the front, drill them out, and bolt them on.
Probably a great idea, it does interest me, but I just can't quite visualize it.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
45,829 Posts
If you are hell bent on dragging, turn the tractor around and use the drawbar.
I agree, the frames on these small tractors are pretty light.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Montana Dan bent that support leg by doing what you propose, I believe . My post reflected the damage potential that you might incur ,
Confused on that one. The picture attached shows the brackets he made, I saw nothing bent......

I do like what Montana Dan suggests, probably a much better idea.

Reactions: Montana Dan
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.