Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Administrator
17,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The long awaited Bolt-On Backhoe Step is now available for the John Deere #260 Backhoe used to on the 1-Series machines. This will be made available to fit other models in the near future as well.

These steps will mount to the left or right of the machine, and reduce the step up onto the machine to almost in half from approximately 20.5" high down to only 12.5".

Click here to see them online: Bolt-On Backhoe Step

Specifications:
• Laser cut parts
• Black Powder Coat finish matches OEM color
• Grade #5 and #8 hardware included
• 3" x 4" non-slip step area
• Mounts Left or Right
• Reduces first step height to 12.5" from 20.5"
• Installs in 30 minutes or less!
• Simple installation with pliers, 1-1/16", 1-1/8", and 9/16" wrenches or sockets (or small and large adjustable wrenches)
• No permanent modifications to backhoe
Made in the USA

·
Administrator
17,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
I saw this step on Mr. Mark's video channel. Another genius product! Take my money!:gizmo:

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Yep.
These are an easy to install, fantastic addition to Ken's line of aftermarket tractor parts.
They work great and should be standard on every 260 that Deere sells in my opinion.:good2:

·
Registered
527 Posts
:gizmo: Just ordered me a set. Was just *****ing about this the other day when I was digging out some steps! :good2:

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
More to add to my next KBOH shopping list. The list is getting longer and longer. :gizmo:

Thanks Kenny for inventing great products. I've never been disappointed.

·
Premium Member
1,122 Posts
I'm with Tim , these things are awesome !!! Good tight fit and the finish is very good as well !!! Grade 8 zinc plated hardware is more than strong enough to handle heavy weight and be corrosion resistant . Although I should have read the instructions first :banghead: , as I put the bolts in backwards . This way was just easier for me . These steps make it much easier to get on the backhoe without twisting and contorting oneself to take the seat .

Kennyd Steps 002.JPG

So off with the old ....

Kennyd Steps 005.JPG

Kennyd Steps 006.JPG

And on with the new !!!

Thanks to KennyD for taking on this project and developing a marketable product !!!! Nice work !!!

·
Administrator
17,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks to KennyD for taking on this project and developing a marketable product !!!! Nice work !!!

Ron,
It's you sir that needs to be thanked! You came up with the idea and inspiration, and even helped me along the way a few times and I sincerely appreciate that!

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Installation Video

Is it possible for an installation video to be entertaining? We think so!

Here is the video Ken mentioned above.

·
Premium Member
1,122 Posts
Is it possible for an installation video to be entertaining? We think so!

Here is the video Ken mentioned above.

:bigthumb::bigthumb::bigthumb: Nice video Tim . Thanks for posting . Maybe you should have a contest to come up with a new title . Your girls are a lot of what makes the video's so entertaining (along with your good info as well) , so why not have them in the title ? Keep 'em coming . :munch:

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Your girls are a lot of what makes the video's so entertaining
Shhh!!! You're gonna get me fired!

...and if I go, one proposed name on youtube is "Christy and Katriel's Kubota Corner". ...that wouldn't be good now, would it?!?!?!

·
Registered
837 Posts
I just can't figure out why Ken's modifications don't come as standard equipment on these tractors. They all seem to be an integral part of a tractor to me!

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
35,696 Posts
I just can't figure out why Ken's modifications don't come as standard equipment on these tractors. They all seem to be an integral part of a tractor to me!
I think it has something to do with the smaller tractors and cost cutting.
Good thing for Kenny I say.

·
Registered
837 Posts
I think it has something to do with the smaller tractors and cost cutting.
Good thing for Kenny I say.
I was thinking that he should be selling them to John Deere and those other tractors. :good2:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
35,696 Posts
I was thinking that he should be selling them to John Deere and those other tractors. :good2:
Wouldn't work out. It would be hard for John Deere to sell something like this as an option when it should have been on there in the first place.

·
Premium Member
1,122 Posts
Shhh!!! You're gonna get me fired!

...and if I go, one proposed name on youtube is "Christy and Katriel's Kubota Corner". ...that wouldn't be good now, would it?!?!?!

:hornets: :mocking:

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
These steps are terrific and mine are on the way soon, right Kenny? :laugh: I'm really looking forward to a few less groin strains.

·
Administrator
17,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
These steps are terrific and mine are on the way soon, right Kenny? :laugh: I'm really looking forward to a few less groin strains.
Yes, soon :good2:

·
Registered
527 Posts
Got my steps yesterday, thanks Kenny. :good2:

·
Registered
396 Posts
Steps ordered and on the way!

These steps are going to change the way I work. As I age and steadily decline in health I am actually becoming reluctant and also a bit fearful of taking on backhoe jobs. Ken's Steps will give me the steadiness and confidence to mount the BH like I used to back in the early 14th century when I was young and bulletproof.:good2:

Thanks Kenny. Well done.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts