Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI all,
This is my solution to avoid wearing out the original edge on my loader bucket. It's a 1/2" x 6" double bevel edge with chamfered square holes that is attached with 1/2" plow bolts. I cut the excess bolts off so I didn't have the excess sticking up inside the bucket.

Attachments

·
Registered
23,281 Posts
Very nice! I'm curious what the cost was for the cutting edge. I'm toying with the idea of buying a Pirahnna straight cutting edge but they come to around $350 shipped.

·
Registered
4,687 Posts
Got mine from Deere Dealer but don't remember what I paid for it. Toooo long ago.:mocking:

·
Registered
23,281 Posts
Got mine from Deere Dealer but don't remember what I paid for it. Toooo long ago.:mocking:
Thanks - after thinking about this cutting edge I realized that it looks very similar to the cutting edges on the larger loaders. I just don't know where a vendor for that kind of stuff is around here.

And another thought occured to me - if I instal a cutting edge like that my bolt-on tooth bar won't fit anymore.

My cutting edge is getting kind of beat up after plowing snow for 7 years now. I was going to buy a snow pusher to take the bucket out of the snow removal thing but finances just won't allow it this year. Looks like a bolt-on cutting edge may be my only option if I still want to use my tooth bar - or find a nice cheap 61" bucket.....

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very nice! I'm curious what the cost was for the cutting edge. I'm toying with the idea of buying a Pirahnna straight cutting edge but they come to around $350 shipped.
The company I work for makes these for a number of OEM's and I just found one that was too long with a decent hole spacing and then after getting it mounted I marked it and cut it off in my metal band saw. I ended up with less than $100 in it

·
Registered
396 Posts
Thanks - after thinking about this cutting edge I realized that it looks very similar to the cutting edges on the larger loaders. I just don't know where a vendor for that kind of stuff is around here.

And another thought occured to me - if I instal a cutting edge like that my bolt-on tooth bar won't fit anymore.

My cutting edge is getting kind of beat up after plowing snow for 7 years now. I was going to buy a snow pusher to take the bucket out of the snow removal thing but finances just won't allow it this year. Looks like a bolt-on cutting edge may be my only option if I still want to use my tooth bar - or find a nice cheap 61" bucket.....
BXpanded makes a straight edged cutting bar. It's not on their site but if you call, you can get one. I just order a Piranha for my 53" bucket! Can't wait for it to get here!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Levi

·
Registered
23,281 Posts
The company I work for makes these for a number of OEM's and I just found one that was too long with a decent hole spacing and then after getting it mounted I marked it and cut it off in my metal band saw. I ended up with less than $100 in it
Thanks - i'll have to keep my eye out for a similar deal.

BXpanded makes a straight edged cutting bar. It's not on their site but if you call, you can get one. I just order a Piranha for my 53" bucket! Can't wait for it to get here!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
That's what I meant by the Piranha bar. I did contact bxpanded and found out the plain edge bar is the same price as the tooth bar. Just trying to find a more budget minded solution for now.

·
Super Moderator
5,632 Posts
Coaltrain, I don't remember exact price, but the cutting edge for the 61" bucket isn't too much more than 100.00. I'm not sure if they make it for smaller buckets, so you would have to cut the length down. It would have to be cut down from both sides as to not interfere with the outer most mounting holes.

·
Registered
23,281 Posts
Coaltrain, I don't remember exact price, but the cutting edge for the 61" bucket isn't too much more than 100.00. I'm not sure if they make it for smaller buckets, so you would have to cut the length down. It would have to be cut down from both sides as to not interfere with the outer most mounting holes.
Thanks Greg - looks like this may be a good option for me.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
I have the 73" HD Bucket for my 990 with the 300CX FEL. It had the holes already in the bucket. I bought the cutting edge from JD and I believe if my memory is correct it was probably under $100 or right at $100 and it was double edged and came with all the bolts and fit the bucket to perfection. I like it getting the wear and tear instead of the bucket.

Reactions: Daveb and BigJim55

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I have a Piranha bar edge on my 1025R 49" bucket that I might selling in a few weeks. Along with some other add-on for the 1025R.

I'm getting a new 3033R with a heavy duty bucket 60" with a replaceable bar. It cost $150 for the bar.
I still might order a Piranha bar for the new bucket. They are great bars.

Reactions: BigJim55
1 - 11 of 11 Posts