Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a setup I made for a friend of mine on his Kioti fel bucket. He lifted some 12" Dia. logs about 12' long.
I am going to do a similar setup on my JD 2305 fel bucket, when I get some free time.

Weld on hooks are 3/8 and weld D rings are 2" ID.
Also used 1/2" x 2" Hot Rolled Flat Steel both sides of bucket
8 - 1/2-20 x 3" Grade 8 bolts with nylon locking nuts.
Tig Welded hooks and D-rings.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
792 Posts
Nice job:thumbup1gif:

Why did you not just weld it to the bucket?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bolt on Grab Hook and D-ring Setup

He wanted to be to able to take it off and the top of the kioti is doubled walled. He did not trust just welding it to the top plate.
He had used the bucket hard, the there was some big dents and bends on top.
Bolting it on, leveled up the top off the bucket.
I have thought about welding it on mine.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
I have the Artillian forks for my machine and find that I can do MUCH more with them than trying to use the bucket for log lifting.

For example: I loaded my equipment trailer up with about 1.5 cord or so of 8' and 16' logs that are fairly fresh cut (not seasoned at all). I have the logs loaded on driers so there's an inch or two of space between them and the trailer bed.

I also have a stack of 18' to 20' logs in my front yard that were set there by a log truck. These are partially seasoned, but whole logs don't dry quickly (so, they're basically still full of water).

I can pluck logs off of the trailer and off of the wood pile by manipulating the forks / loader and simply curling the loader will roll the log back and keep it nice and secure. Additionally, by using the forks, I'm keeping my lifting capacity maxed out for cargo since the whole fork attachment weighs about the same (maybe less?) than the 61" bucket.

Heaviest logs are 8' length and about 18" or so in diameter. I'd estimate these to be somewhere around 900 pounds.

Here are some pictures of the wood stacks. The smaller stacks, on log driers, I made by simply placing the logs. I never leave the seat.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts