Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered bolt on hooks for the bucket. I am excited to get them as I know how useful they are.
I LOVE the painted look, I think it looks factor. So paint them or leave it alone and just bolt them on?
Btw. I any scrape I get in the bucket that is too deep gets sanded and touched up. I am fussy

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,849 Posts
I just ordered bolt on hooks for the bucket. I am excited to get them as I know how useful they are.
I LOVE the painted look, I think it looks factor. So paint them or leave it alone and just bolt them on?
Btw. I any scrape I get in the bucket that is too deep gets sanded and touched up. I am fussy
That needs to stop! :lol:
Leave the hooks as is.

·
Premium Member
7,838 Posts
Paint the hooks green. Don't listen to Gizmo2. :greentractorride:

Reactions: BigJim55 and Gizmo2

·
Administrator
18,340 Posts
My vote FWIW is leave them plated and not waste time and money painting them.

I LOVE the painted look, I think it looks factory.
Ponder this: Is the rest of the hardware on your tractor painted or plated?

·
Registered
23,086 Posts
Fact: the coating on Ken's hooks will stay there forever. Any paint you add will eventually chip off.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Fact: the coating on Ken's hooks will stay there forever. Any paint you add will eventually chip off.
Sure, but even with some chips and wear they look better painted. Besides, if they weren't chipped, they wouldn't match the rest of the bucket!

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Reactions: BigJim55

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
I painted both sets of mine on both tractors......just part of the installation process...:dunno:

Reactions: BigJim55 and Gizmo2

·
Premium Member
1,047 Posts
As a compromise, maybe paint one and leave the other one naked. :lol:

·
Registered
453 Posts
I finally broke down and ordered a set today. They're going on my bucket unpainted...au natural

·
Registered
929 Posts
I have 2 of the bolt on hooks, got them not too long ago. I installed them unpainted, and they look (and work) just fine.

Reactions: Kennyd and BigJim55

·
Registered
913 Posts
Why don't you have them chromed?

chromehooks.jpg

After that, you could start having other pieces chromed as well. Add a little bling to that drab green machine.

BTW, I left my hooks the natural metal color. And since the tractor was pulled into the barn aisle while I drilled the mounting holes in the bucket, and was where I had power access for a heat gun, I used the opportunity to peel off every government mandated safety decal on the tractor. Only the JD hood stripes are left.

Reactions: Treefarmer
1 - 20 of 28 Posts