Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Have you guys installed a bolt-on hook on your backhoe?
Would you send some pictures of where exactly you installed it?

Have you installed the combo or just one piece on the external (hook or clevis)?
I was wondering if it would work to install a combo on the backhoe.

Thanks

David :greentractorride:

·
Administrator
18,464 Posts
David,
Many guys are buying the clevis mount for the backhoe, and just installing a shackle when needed-although some are using a hook instead. I don't see the real need for a combo there, whatever part is inside the bucket would not be easy to use.

Here is a picture I have on the website:
Backhoe Hook.jpg

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Yeah, this is another thing i need to do.
Unsure about which to install but probably with go with shackle point.

·
Registered
110 Posts
D ring

image.jpg
Yeah, this is another thing i need to do.
Unsure about which to install but probably with go with shackle point.
I did not want a hook on the back side of my bucket to get Hooked on things, so I went for a weld on D Ring front TSC I think I was around $8 got one for the center of the FIL also, but as for as for hooks on the FIL I used kens weld on plates and hooks, I use the d ring on the bh to lift things and help pull root balls out of the hole after I've dug up a big tree image.jpg image.jpg

Reactions: blue87fj60

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
David,
Many guys are buying the clevis mount for the backhoe, and just installing a shackle when needed-although some are using a hook instead. I don't see the real need for a combo there, whatever part is inside the bucket would not be easy to use.

View attachment 42468
Do you make a hydraulic thumb for that as well?

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
David,

View attachment 42468
That's near exactly what I did with my hook on my BH bucket. It's high up on the bucket to not get caught on anything, or interfere with digging and still positioned well enough to be perfect for lifting when needed.

Can't find my picture just now though...

Reactions: Kennyd

·
Administrator
18,464 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts