Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,471 Posts
Geez....You'd think the owner of the company would be the first to announce that. :unsure:

Maybe he's too busy out in the shop working hard on a rockshaft clamp for the past year?

·
Administrator
18,346 Posts
I was busy with orders LOL

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
I was busy with orders LOL
He speaks the truth !!! I got my hooks yesterday and will have them on by tomorrow (rain expected and too much yard work to drill h9oles in the nice weather)
Just waiting for my Load N Go brackets so I can install the step.

And Ken, THANK YOU SO MUCH for all you have done for me. Its greatly appreciated.

PS< cant wait to show off the new toolbox with the BOH decals. :)

·
Administrator
18,346 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Now that's a good problem for sure.

I just have to decide, which bucket gets hooks first. The new clean unbent one or the old dirty bent one with the toothbar that has a slight smile. I'll get another pair in a few month, did not want to be an, oink, oink hook hog.

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
Now that's a good problem for sure.

I just have to decide, which bucket gets hooks first. The new clean unbent one or the old dirty bent one with the toothbar that has a slight smile. I'll get another pair in a few month, did not want to be an, oink, oink hook hog.
That's the nice thing about BOLT on hooks, you can change them if you change your mind. Sure, you can change welded ones as well but it's a lot bigger project.

Treefarmer

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got mine yesterday. Had fun getting the box out of our mailbox :) It's a large rural mailbox with rounded top and the box was shoved in tight. I should have taken pictures. Had to get the sides to collapse and wiggle it out. Normally, they just drop it by the house door, mail person must be new...

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Did you put painters tape down to insure you didn’t scratch the paint while drilling the holes 🙃

thanks for sharing it is always good to see a tractor used for its purpose.

·
Premium Member
1,047 Posts
Dirty Buckets gets the hooks.

View attachment 746549
Maybe Kenny could offer pre-dirtied hooks so they wouldn't look so out of place on a well-used tractor. He wouldn't need to carry any extra inventory. Just drop them into a bucket of glop right before packaging them. Small extra charge.

Keane

·
Premium Member
9,830 Posts
Kenny would lose his mind doing that.

Glop is not a word in his vocabulary.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Reactions: keane and rtgt

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Maybe Kenny could offer pre-dirtied hooks so they wouldn't look so out of place on a well-used tractor. He wouldn't need to carry any extra inventory. Just drop them into a bucket of glop right before packaging them. Small extra charge.

Keane
He’s already got a bargain bin called the outlet store. While supplies last!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Heh, words to the wise... Do not use an empty bucket with toothbar to push over 75 foot pine trees. That's what bent the crap of this bucket. And the reason why I have two now, the dirty one with a permanent smile and a clean one that is even still green and no bends.

I've tried to unbent it but no luck. It was bent worse at the time :). Hard to see but the sides are bowed in a little. It would take some work with a torch and jacks to remove my abuse of it. Was at the dealer a few years ago and he had a never used bucket in his boneyard just calling out my name. Two mins later, it was in the truck and on its way home. So now I have two, one to abuse and one for delicate work like shaving dirt surfaces or back-dragging where you need a straight blade.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts