Buy once cry once.

Like said
there cheap

Will bend bucket
Moves load further forward.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
A 5 minute search here on GTT turned these up for your reading pleasure !

·
Premium Member
3,187 Posts
What sort of tractor are we using?

I thinking moving the weight that much further out, and adding the extra weight of the bucket, would leave say a 1025R or 2025R witn a 120R loader. Pretty close to useless, just not enough lift capacity, especially with a bucket and forks with weight that far out in front.

Viability of the forks would have to be hindered quite a bit by the bucket as well.

I would say regular pallet forks on a lightweight bracket makes a lot more sense, especially on the SCUTs.

·
Registered
13,582 Posts
Pros- they’re less expensive than actual forks
Cons- you’ll bend your bucket and they’re not as useful as actual forks
I haven’t bent a bucket or seen one, but I have seen people shearing them off thinking they can be a ripper.

They are not as good as dedicated forks, but they can be a godsend like hooks on a bucket.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
I've seen people stop using them in favor of frame mounted forks but not the other way around. I think they would be okay for some applications but you're going to be giving up a lot of lift capacity having them so far ahead of the pivot point and will be lifting the bucket along with the load.

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
Wow Clyde that was actually a tame opening statement. Proud of ya

OP,
Go out into your garage and grab a sledgehammer.
Pickup said sledgehammer with one hand and hold it at the end of the handle
Proceed to lift said sledgehammer with said hand and try to point at the seat of your tractor with it
Keep going..

·
Premium Member
3,852 Posts
OP,
Go out into your garage and grab a sledgehammer.
Pickup said sledgehammer with one hand and hold it at the end of the handle
Proceed to lift said sledgehammer with said hand and try to point at the seat of your tractor with it
Keep going..
Great example!

·
Registered
797 Posts
How many folks use these? I'm concerned about bending the lip of the FEL bucket. Pros and Cons are welcome.

Thanks,
Dave
Get the real deal. You will wreck your bucket and have worse visibility trying to use them. Plus they severely reduce your lifting capacity by pushing the load a lot further out. A proper set of forks is also safer because there's a fence behind them to guard against objects spilling over the bucket and travelling down the boom possibly striking the operator and/or causing equipment damage.

·
Premium Member
1025r with Mauser cab.
14,802 Posts
If you need forks to move items often, purchase real, dedicated forks. If you use them every two months or so, the bolt on forks would be better than not having them. Personally, I find pallet forks one of the most useful tools for my SCUT and wouldn't want to be without them. They are the tool that once you have it, you will find ways to use it productively you never imagined.

Pallet forks are like Forest Gump's best friend Bubba talking about how to cook and eat Shrimp, there are so many ways and methods of use for pallet forks, the list goes on and on and on..................

·
Registered
956 Posts
As others have mentioned, they aren’t a good solution for moving heavy loads, but better than nothing if you can split up the load.

However, they do extend the bucket capacity and would work well for light loads like lawn cleanup. before I had the tractor, I dreaded cleaning up fall leaves and limbs from tree and shrub trimming. it was exhausting and back straining to move debris to the burn pile. If I didn’t otherwise need pallet forks, I would buy clamp ons just for this annual task.

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
I have Titan 36 inch clamp-on pallet forks. Like other folks here have said, if you can get the dedicated pallet forks/frame it's better, but the clamp-on forks are extremely useful. To me it came down to money and that is why I bought the clamp-on forks. When I bought mine in early 2020 I got them for under $100 on sale delivered. To show how useful they are I have a photo. Also they do fit with my Heavy Hitch Tooth bar on the tractor see other photo. I have a fully dressed out (complete engine) 1976 Pontiac 350 cubic inch V8 on a pallet in the photo. As shown in the photo this engine/pallet is over 650 LBS and I'm 6 inches off the floor with it on my clamp on forks. That was about the limit of the lift I could get. Just for full disclosure my tractor is stock and the pressure has not been bumped up. My pressure is 2100 PSI as read on my Bolt-On Hooks gauge.

My pros and cons on clamp-on forks:

The Pros:

1) Cheap 2) Useful 3) Fit over my tooth bar, 4) No damage to the bucket lip using them 5) Quick and easy to attach.

The Cons:

1) Not as much lifting capacity as dedicate frame with forks 2) I do have puckers (dents) where the clamps seat on the bucket so there is some damage to the bucket itself 3) They do tend to spin if you are trying to move something to the side 4) Not made in America 5) You can't get the forks as close together as actual pallet forks due to clamp arms hitting. 6) Titan's quality is spotty, some stuff is good and some stuff not so much.

I recently purchase actual pallet forks and when I get time I'm going to build a dedicated frame for them. But even with the dedicated frame and forks I don't know if I'll get rid of these. They are so easy and quick to put on the bucket if I have something to pick up in a hurry.

I hope this helps with your decision.

Mark

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Tire Vehicle Engineering

Wheel Plant Tire Motor vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
383 Posts
I had the clamp on titan set before I went to the framed titan set. They’re certainly useful and I don’t see how you could bend the bucket using them the way they’re intended to be used. They won’t lift enough to damage the bucket. If you do get clamp ons get the lighter version. Titan had 1500 and 4000 ratings on them, the extra weight of the 4000 set isn’t worth it. I used them enough that I wanted a real set to put the load closer and to lift more. The real frame titans are not light either but the value is huge (at least it was when I got them). I’ve moved tons of stuff with my forks, I would personally skip the clamp ons because of what I’ve learned however it isn’t because damage is a worry.

·
Registered
120 Posts
The reason most of the clamp-on pallet forks damage a bucket is owners don't bother using a HD ratchet straps or chain binders wrapped around the bucket so it doesn't bend.
I've been using clamp-ons for years, lifting heavy items, 700lbs about max, with no damage to the bucket. I don't have much choice since the bucket is a fixed fixture and cannot be removed easily.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
I had a set of clamp on forks I bought from Northern Tool and Equipment. I bought them to use lifting two 6 x 6' enclosed hunting blinds. These were used on my JCB 1400 backhoe. I stacked three pallets on the forks and lifted the blind with it sitting on the pallets to get the height I wanted so I could attach the 4 x 4" posts. The floors of the blinds are 12' off the ground.
I used the forks with my Ford 2110 a couple times to lift items with no damage to the bucket. When I bought my 5065 I bought the JD forks as the dealer offered me a discount. I sold the other forks to a friend who has used them quite a bit with no issues but he is a careful operator and knows the limits of equipment. I borrowed the forks back a couple years ago to raise another deer blind and will probably borrow them again soon to raise even another blind. These blinds aren't as high as the original two. I traded the JCB when I bought the 5065. If I wanted to take the two original blinds down I'm not sure how I'd do it unless I borrowed my neighbor's JD loader and my other friends pallet forks. The 5065 wouldn't reach high enough without a stack of pallets on the forks which might become a little dangerous. (Maybe more than a little)

·
Registered
2015 2025r 62mmm h130 af10f plow forks 62 disc ripper and a woods m5 Dixie mower
1,213 Posts
I got a set of dedicated forks this summer at a auction and only reget is not having them sooner and buying light weight forks when I got the tractor

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.