Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kenny, how much money will it take for you to build us a grease fitting that will do the drive shaft on the 1025r? I’m ready to go to Deere HQ and demand that the engineers involved come out and grease it on the front lawn.

· Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The grease zerk is not straight on to the access hole on my 2018 1025r, it’s an impossible angle

· Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
There is another solution. Take off the lower kick panel under the dash, this allows access to the fitting from the top side with no little hole to line up. The only downside is that it is a bit of a process to get that panel off.

Mr. Moose
The 2018 redesign did away with the lower kick panel. It’s a solid piece from floor up :(

Reactions: ClydeLogan

· Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I read about this swivel coupler from other members here at GTT. It goes from 0 to 90 degrees and is well made, in my opinion. It is the only grease gun end fitting that will reach and lock onto my driveshaft zerk fitting. I tried four other types with no success. My machine is a Gen 1 2025R, but it might be worth the $15 to give it a try on the 1025R. Got it from Amazon.
View attachment 784388
just bought it. Thanks!

Reactions: trav

· Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I still think someone should make a scene in front of JD engineers. For crying out loud, the older series tractors had driveshafts flying apart breaking stuff. Why they didn’t get think this through is beyond me.

· Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
So, did Kenny come and grease your tractor for you, or are you still waiting. View attachment 785430
@Kennyd said “I don’t fit in a flat-rate box. You’re on your own”

:)

For the record, HE didn’t actually say it, but I think that’s what he would say

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.