Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI. I made a dumb dumb mistake and ordered the Piranha Bar for my 1025R. I swear I measured it at 53", but turns out it is 49". I called, and they'll take are of me, less the nearly $40 shipping to ship out the new one. By no means am I unsatisfied with BXPanded! My idiot mistake!

But, while talking to them, I asked about using a spacer on each side of the bucket to mount this one anyway. They said they've heard a few people doing it, and haven't heard anything bad happening, but the mounting tangs should be inside the bucket for added support. So, anyone on here done the same junk and mounted it anyway? Any problems? $40 is $40.

:banghead:

Reactions: etcallhome

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
You should mock it up to see what it looks like. You do not want the tooth bar moving at all and you want to act like it's part of the bucket so it won't bend etc. My experience with trying to rig stuff up on a tractor has never ended up well unless it was a well designed mod (meaning not designed by me). I would ship it back and just tell everyone you have gained a lot of experience with Piranha bars, internet ordering, and shipping companies. :good2:

You could order the 53 inch bucket, I think you can get that with the 1 series and use the new tooth bar as the justification!

I feel your pain, I did this same thing except with a battery from Advance. I ordered on line for a pick up in the store since I had a really good size on line coupon. Yeah, they would change it out but they wouldn't give me the coupon discount only a store discount so....I left some money on the table. :banghead:

Live and learn, attention to detail gets us every time.

Good luck with what ever you decide.

·
Premium Member
13,671 Posts
Personally I would suck it up and send it back for the right one

·
Registered
12,506 Posts
Personally I would suck it up and send it back for the right one
:munch:yeah i'dl what he said above^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Most likely, that's what I will end up doing. Just thought I would ask. The difference is exactly 1" on each side of the outside of the bucket. I was thinking a 1" spacer on each side, 1" longer bolts, may be OK. But, I'd rather hear from the smart people lol. I've only had this 1025R less than a year, still learning.

·
Premium Member
2,758 Posts
I actually bought one used off of here that's for a 49" and my bucket is a 53". I bought the tractor new and they must have thrown in a free bucket upgrade. Don't feel bad. I haven't modified mine to fit yet, but that's what I think I'll do.

the two of you should swap :good2:

·
Super Moderator
2,462 Posts

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
The problem with having the tooth bar wider then the bucket is you'll have it sticking out and won't get a clean edge when digging,plus it'll put a lot of stress on the bar sticking out when digging.Remember the reason for the tooth bar is to dig into hard ground that the regular smooth cutting edge on the bucket won't due.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I would buy the 53" bucket and keep the toothbar as already stated. If your doing any kind of material handling, bigger is better in my opinion.
I have the 53" bucket and the piranha tooth bar. Sorry for the pic thats rotated wrong!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,903 Posts
I would buy the 53" bucket and keep the toothbar as already stated. If your doing any kind of material handling, bigger is better in my opinion.
I have the 53" bucket and the piranha tooth bar. Sorry for the pic thats rotated wrong!
I also Purchased My 1025R with a 53inch Bucket. The 49inch was like having a super 45 Loader which I already Had:bigthumb:

Reactions: BigJim55 and PJR832

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
HI. I made a dumb dumb mistake and ordered the Piranha Bar for my 1025R. I swear I measured it at 53", but turns out it is 49". I called, and they'll take are of me, less the nearly $40 shipping to ship out the new one. By no means am I unsatisfied with BXPanded! My idiot mistake!

But, while talking to them, I asked about using a spacer on each side of the bucket to mount this one anyway. They said they've heard a few people doing it, and haven't heard anything bad happening, but the mounting tangs should be inside the bucket for added support. So, anyone on here done the same junk and mounted it anyway? Any problems? $40 is $40.

:banghead:
You really aren't that far away from me. I'm up for a Trade. Mine is in pretty close to new shape. I can get pics if you're interested.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I opted to get the right bar and send back the other one, eating the $40 freight. Can't swing the bigger bucket right now, and I don't have a lot of jobs around the house moving the dirt right now. The jobs I do have planned are probably not enough to justify the bigger bucket (yet lol). Thanks all for the input.

·
Registered
929 Posts
I opted to get the right bar and send back the other one, eating the $40 freight. Can't swing the bigger bucket right now, and I don't have a lot of jobs around the house moving the dirt right now. The jobs I do have planned are probably not enough to justify the bigger bucket (yet lol). Thanks all for the input.
You will be fine with the 49" bucket. That's what I have, and it is plenty big for what I need. Sure there are times I could use a little more capacity, like when moving around large volumes of loam. But I am happy with the smaller one.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
You will be fine with the 49" bucket. That's what I have, and it is plenty big for what I need. Sure there are times I could use a little more capacity, like when moving around large volumes of loam. But I am happy with the smaller one.
I agree.
Not sure why a lot of guys think they need a bigger bucket other than maybe plowing snow. :dunno:
You won’t be disappointed in the Piranha bar though that’s for sure. Great attachment.

·
Premium Member
1,903 Posts
I agree.
Not sure why a lot of guys think they need a bigger bucket other than maybe plowing snow. :dunno:
You won’t be disappointed in the Piranha bar though that’s for sure. Great attachment.
To have better Balance when Transporting Loads. To gain a Little More Bucket capacity to shorter earth Moving Jobs were My reasons
I have 3 Loader Tractors Total White GT2055 with a 36inch Bucket, X748 with 48inch Bucket and Now a 1025R with a 53inch Bucket. The 36inch Bucket it Not well balanced when You Have a Load in it kind of Give You a Pendulum effect. The 48inch Is Pretty good On the X748 But the 53inch seem to balance the Loader Better because it More than a inch wider than the Tractor:bigthumb:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I got the 49" bar yesterday. Woohoo! I'll be mounting that up this weekend. I did notice, though, that it is about 3/8" narrower than the inside of my bucket. I'm sure the tangs will flex a bit when tightened down. I did make sure to choose the "JD 49" Bucket" option this time haha. I have a long list of to-do's with this bucket around the house "piling up".:yahoo:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

joshn3448 - How do you like the County Line Post Hole Auger?

Reactions: rtgt and PJR832

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
I agree . I have the 53" bucket and wish I Had the smaller bucket. The 53" is fine for soft soil, but even with the heavy hitch tooth bar it don't dig into clay vey well.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts