Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where Incan get a copy of this book without paying a small fortune. Amazon.com is crazy.

Thanks

Keith

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
To be upfront, I have never read this book or any portion of it. I have a question, and remember, I have never read this book. Wouldn't it be easier and cheaper to just pick up the Deere service and owner's manuals for the tractor? I mean, any Deere tractor built prior to the late 1950s is a pretty straight forward piece of equipment. There are no computers, and only relatively simple electrical systems. I found the information contained in online forums was more than helpful, plus sources for parts and links to tips was updated in almost real time.

I'm just asking, as I have never read the book, so I have no idea what is in it.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree with the above and when I get a Deere to restore will definitely pick up the service and parts manual. I have the red version of this book and found it to have lots of tricks to make things easier. Would like the green version as well. Found it on google books for 16 bucks that I can download to my iPad. Sure beats the 600 and some on amazon.

When I get a Deere I'm sucre I'll have lots of ?'s so I'll come here to ask. Would love a 630 or 730 to play with and bale hay. I just love the sound of those old 2 cylinders working away.

Thanks

Keith

·
Premium Member
1,194 Posts
Wow thats an expensive book new. I see amazon has used ones on there starting about $125. Thats still some bucks !

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Dangit....700.00+ for this book? It shows to have been published in 2003,paperback, and original list for 29.99. Why is it so high?

·
Premium Member
1,194 Posts
Dangit....700.00+ for this book? It shows to have been published in 2003,paperback, and original list for 29.99. Why is it so high?
I would GUESS since its no longer published its collectable !

I have a few car books that have turned into deals like that. Scary pricing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts