Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made a simple bracket attachment on my grapple base for a boom pole. It has a 500lb rating and I can use it to pick various items. I still have the option to use it on the 3 point hitch. Thanks for Lookin
KHOP

Attachments

·
Registered
383 Posts
I made a simple bracket attachment on my grapple base for a boom pole. It has a 500lb rating and I can use it to pick various items. I still have the option to use it on the 3 point hitch. Thanks for Lookin
KHOP
Great! I was thinking about something similar. I don't have a grapple and have to find a way how to fasten it to the FEL bucket.

·
Registered
716 Posts
KHOP
Now that is fancy shmancy!!:lol:

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Great! I was thinking about something similar. I don't have a grapple and have to find a way how to fasten it to the FEL bucket.
My neighbor has one we used to set the trusses on my polebarn. Instead of the two pins on the bottom like KHOP has, there are two notches. The notches get slid over the bottom edge of the FEL bucket, and then the top part is just held to the bucket by wrapping a chain around the bucket. I'm sure my neighbor built his using some farmer engineering, but it worked good.

·
Registered
383 Posts
My neighbor has one we used to set the trusses on my polebarn. Instead of the two pins on the bottom like KHOP has, there are two notches. The notches get slid over the bottom edge of the FEL bucket, and then the top part is just held to the bucket by wrapping a chain around the bucket. I'm sure my neighbor built his using some farmer engineering, but it worked good.
I have already some pretty solid plans how to do it (if just the weather would warm u a bit, today it barely hit 32!) I have a hitch receiver installed on my bucket, and two of Ken's hooks.

I plan to fabricate some kind of a bracket to hold the upper hitch point of the boom with this hitch receiver, and probably stabilize it with chains to the hooks to avoid excessive side to side motion of the boom.

I just received a tooth bar for my bucket, which means I have to drill holes into the sides (don't you hate that, drilling holes into that baby?). If I fabricate some kind of bar, that attaches to the holes and is the receiver for the lower two hitch points. I envision some beefy angular iron and a little welding should get this done.

This way the boom becomes a solid attachment to the bucket, and should make all the movements the bucket can make. Because of massive back surgery, I cannot lift much anymore and have to have machines doing the lifting for me.

Once I get going, I will post pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Hudsoner,

My neighbor's looks exactly like KHOP's, only with the bottom notches as I mentioned. We used it to set trusses to span a 22' roof, and the trusses have several feet of overhang on each end. The boom pole didn't move at all, and I didn't have the chains really wrapped around the bucket all that tight. Once you get some weight on it, it won't go anywhere. I think your plan sounds like it should be more than sufficient.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts