Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,029 Posts
Time to dress it up a bit...
Necessary? No.
Why did I do it? Because I wanted to.

Boots from eBay and zerk caps from Amazon
Have you tried greasing with the zerk caps in place? It seems like the bottom ring would prevent the grease gun coupler from seating all the way.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, folks :)

Boots just ordered off Ebay... I used different rubber caps for the grease fittings tho. Next you need to drill and tap and add grease fittings to your outrigger pins...
Great idea- thanks!

Have you tried greasing with the zerk caps in place? It seems like the bottom ring would prevent the grease gun coupler from seating all the way.
Not yet- I'll try tomorrow- thanks!

·
Registered
173 Posts
I like those caps, I have used the red ones that snap onto the zerk head, but they seem to fall off. It looks like the ones you have will work better, but I think the anchor tab slides down over onto the threaded part of the zerk so the grease gun tip will lock onto it.

·
Premium Member
1,701 Posts
Nice.

How'd you get the boots over the lever knobs? Silicone spray and yank?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice.

How'd you get the boots over the lever knobs? Silicone spray and yank?

The knobs screw off. Very easy to do...
I had time to try the grease gun this evening. It works, though it does need to be straight on while you're pumping (to keep the grease from creeping out at the connection). It'd be easy enough to slip the whole thing off if it didn't though.

·
Registered
126 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
1 - 12 of 12 Posts