Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
At least that what I told myself as I wrote out the check. It would’ve covered the cost of a decent H.

But this followed me home instead. Happy anniversary sweetie. 16 years yesterday

Oh well this stuff is well made and should last a very very long time.

And I’m keeping score. This is getting me closer.

There might be a 730D for sale close by though too. Decisions Decisions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
:bigthumb: Happy Anniversary !!!

Nice patio set too.

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Happy Anniversary to you and your bride! :congrats:

·
Registered
513 Posts
Happy Anniversary! What's the gift for a sixteen year anniversary? Could it be something 'Green'??? Let's just say it is. Anyway, that patio set looks like it will be enjoyed for a few more anniversarys. If the gift isn't green, maybe a new grill or smoker to go with that patio set. What do you think?

·
Registered
11,290 Posts
Happy anniversary, J3.

Have you considered buying the H for your son? You could cut a deal with him where is it his, but technically yours.:dunno:

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Happy Anniversary! What's the gift for a sixteen year anniversary? Could it be something 'Green'??? Let's just say it is. Anyway, that patio set looks like it will be enjoyed for a few more anniversarys. If the gift isn't green, maybe a new grill or smoker to go with that patio set. What do you think?
I think I can wish in one had and you know what in the other...

I hear you on the smoker and grill but I already have a nice Weber spirit gas grill.

And a Weber Smoky Mountain with a Pit Iq temp controller.

So those bases are covered

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Am I the only one who wants to know more about the furniture?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
It’s poly lawn or patio furniture. It’s really well made. All stainless steel fasteners.

We bought the two rocking chairs. The Glider and the picnic table set.

You’re kinda far away but this place is about 1:15 from us and had the cheapest prices around.

Lancaster Poly Patios - HOME

The Amish make this furniture and then this guy buys it and resells it. It just happens that our neighbor and his family make the furniture for him. Our neighbor build the standard Adirondack chair. His family builds the other stuff. (They live in Lancaster). Three years ago we bought four of the chairs from our neighbor. I wash them off ever year and they look brand new. While the stuff isn’t cheap over time it’s a worthwhile investment. I expect this stuff to last a long Long time.

After we get the pond that we want done I’ll buy some more.

·
Registered
3,670 Posts
Congratulations on the anniversary, J3!! :good2:

Those are good prices on that furniture. I've priced that poly furniture when I go to the home shows and it's pretty pricy.

Sent by Tapatalk using the tiny keyboard on my phone. That explains the typos!

·
Registered
373 Posts
Yes poly furniture is expensive I have a 2 person glider that for 30 years plus has sat by the lake year around unprotected in northern Mich Looks like it did when I first set it out its color is gray bought at By The Yard in Minnesota they have a sale in Oct every year also have porch chair 10 year old and it is unchanged can't recommend them enough

·
Registered
11,694 Posts
:congrats: on ur 16 yrs anniversary -J3 driver:thumbup1gif:

here i thought u finally got ya that model H u been wanting now for a while:laugh:

heck every time i see a model H --i think of u:laugh:

anyways nice patio furniture:good2:

·
Registered
864 Posts
Yes poly furniture is expensive I have a 2 person glider that for 30 years plus has sat by the lake year around unprotected in northern Mich Looks like it did when I first set it out its color is gray bought at By The Yard in Minnesota they have a sale in Oct every year also have porch chair 10 year old and it is unchanged can't recommend them enough
Like most everything else, you get what you pay for.
We offer POLYWOOD® All-Weather Outdoor Furniture | Rethink Outdoor™ | POLYWOOD® Official Store
We don't really push it, we just offer it.
Our customers for the most part aren’t concerned about the cost as long as the quality is there.
I bought a couple Adirondack chairs and love them.
Even though I could have bought other brands at full retail for less than I paid at dealer cost for these, I still believe you're ALWAYS better off paying too much than too little.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Back to that H, now keep in mind I do not have one and am not an expert but one of the gurus (long gone) said to avoid the 1939 H if possible. Just saying but you have been warned. Others will refute this comment, I would get a later model year.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes. The very early ones had crankshaft problems.

Most all have been fixed. I would like to find A 41 or later. Electrical would be nice. But not mandatory. I can always add a generator and lights. And just keep it hand start. Then maybe my boy won’t steal it.

Heck who am I kidding. He will.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
We were out ramming around one day,, and the wife spotted a furniture store with a BUNCH of hanging porch swings out front,,,
well, I turned around, and went back.

They had a bunch of wood ones, then the had a few that were made out of the plastic wood that looks like plastic decking..

I came home, and compared pricing with what I could find on-line,,
That place had almost give away pricing in comparison,,,

We went back the next day,, the one we selected came with the chains and springs,, $400 out the door,,,

I came home, screwed four eye bolts into the porch ceiling,, two on each side,,
My wife has used it EVERY day that the weather would allow her to be out there,,

I keep waiting for her to find out that they have propane porch heaters,, so she can be out there more often,,,
I believe this is our third summer,, the swing looks like the day we bought it,,,

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
+1 on that style patio stuff. We have 4 rockers that are a few years old and are still in great shape. They get cleaned up and put in the shed in the winter but stay out in all weather from April through Dec.

Couldn't you have at least got her to compromise for a JD green/yellow color combo on the table and chairs? :good2:

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Some of us can not keep priorities in order,, and spend too much on tractors,,,

the only option,, DIY the poly furniture,, well,, kinda,, the frame is made out of steel,,

The seating height is close to 6 inches higher than normal for two reasons,,,
1) I am tall, the higher seating suits me,
2) My wife has a muscle issue in her left leg, and has a hard time getting up from a normal picnic table.

The "boards" were from an overage at a local lumber yard,, (WAY discounted since they did not stock this type material)

My daughter has been nagging me to make more,, she has her name on the "wish list" ,, :laugh:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts