Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I added to my JD fleet by purchasing a 2006 X728! I had been looking to get a larger unit (preferably with a FEL) especially with my "project(s)" going on (http://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/home-workshop-projects/3469-cutting-concrete.html). I've been beating the hell out of my LA105 with all of the hauling of stone and earth.

The unit is a 2006 X728 with ~200 hours, with a 45 bucket, and power flow bagger to boot! The machine looks like new and the maintanence records are maticulous. The prior owner is the regional service director for Volvo and he definitely took care of his machine.

I posted some pics below. I get the machine on Thursday. :good2:

One thing to note about the dealer, after I had purchased the machine, I had some questions for the dealer and he told me had other customers to tend to. I asked him if his other customers had just shelled out several thousands of dollars...:thumbsdown:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
792 Posts
Congrats! That will be one nice machine:drinks:

·
Registered
654 Posts
Nice setup you will have many great hours of seat time.Are you able to remove the FEL when mowing?

Doug

·
Premium Member
7,446 Posts
One thing to note about the dealer, after I had purchased the machine, I had some questions for the dealer and he told me had other customers to tend to. I asked him if his other customers had just shelled out several thousands of dollars...:thumbsdown:
Congratulations on the new addition. What was the dealer's response to your comment? I just switched insurance agents because my previous agent was slow to respond to phone and email questions. I told the new agent that's why I was switching agents, and guess what...the new agent is slow to respond to my email inquiries about a rate hike. I got a return receipt, so I know he read my email.

Have fun with your new toy.

·
Corndog Hater
11,475 Posts
Nice setup, you will be able to work that machine hard for many years to come. Thanks for the pics! :good2:

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The FEL does come off - according to the dealer it only takes 15 minutes.

When the dealer tried to rush me off the phone, my response was "...did those customer's just spend $12k with you?" He then replied with cute response of "no but they might". I told him very bluntly ( with expletives) that I had just spent some significant dollars with him, and that he will answer my questions until I'm done asking them. I then told him that he would be "throwing in" in some JD swag (hats and shirts) to make me feel better after his comment. After the tongue lashing he was very apologetic. It still pisses me off...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts