Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got this guy for the garden. No more hoeing weeds. Hope it works well.

Attachments

·
Registered
21,519 Posts
Many year ago - maybe 20 or more - we had one of the little Mantis tillers like that. It worked really well between the rows as long as you kept up with it.

Your Stihl has wheels which will be a big help - the old Mantis did not - you had to hold it back on your own.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
I never believed in the little tiller,,but, I found one that did not run for $15 on CL,, so I bought it,,

I fought to try to rebuild the carb, then, I realized I could get a new carb for about $12,,

Well the Mantis starts right up, and truly takes care of weeds in the garden like a miracle,,
It ain't:bigthumb: gonna break "sod",, but for small weeds, there is nothing better,,,

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Used it yesterday evening. Plenty of power. I found it tills better to pull it backwards, but it works both ways. Very happy with performance.i tilled between my tomatoes and used a hoe to smooth the rows out afterwards.

·
Registered
21,519 Posts
Used it yesterday evening. Plenty of power. I found it tills better to pull it backwards, but it works both ways. Very happy with performance.i tilled between my tomatoes and used a hoe to smooth the rows out afterwards.
Yeah - you move forward a couple feet - pull back a couple times - move forward again.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,113 Posts
Got this guy for the garden. No more hoeing weeds. Hope it works well.
We have had one for MANY years now, works well.
Do yourself a favor and take the tines (disks) off once a year, clean the shaft, add light oil and reinstall. You can thank me later. :lol:
Note: I also think they work better without the wheels.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts