Green Tractor Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else been charged for a second attempt delivery from Fed-ex and if so, how much were you charged? This charge of $148 seems excessively high and if I have to pay for the second attempt I think it should be a much lower amount. These forks came from California to Kansas for that amount and my second delivery is only 25 miles from the local shipping point. Fed-ex services my area 5 days a week on a regular basis. Has anyone had this same problem?

·
Administrator
20,886 Posts
They are coming from California?

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Can yo just go to their terminal and pick them up?
I could have picked them up but didn't think they would charge me $148 for a 25 mile second attempt, and no charges were given to me about the second attempt by Fed-ex. Fed-ex didn't tell me it would cost me $148 for the second attempt.

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
2,498 Posts
The ones I bought were not USA made, they were the imports, and the imports come from California.
Mine came from Tennessee.

Maybe they're now shipping direct from the port or wholesaler on the west coast...

·
Administrator
20,886 Posts
The ones I bought were not USA made, they were the imports, and the imports come from California.
Mine came from Tennessee.

Maybe they're now shipping direct from the port or wholesaler on the west coast...
Yeah I though they all came from TN regardless of the county of origin.

Reactions: Jimmy Walker

·
Super Moderator
6,290 Posts
From Titan's website under "Shipping Policy":

"How long will it take until I receive my order? Many items are delivered in 3 days and most are delivered in 2 days, thanks to our warehouses in Fresno, California, Memphis, Tennessee and Horn Lake, Mississippi."

·
Administrator
20,886 Posts
From Titan's website under "Shipping Policy":

"How long will it take until I receive my order? Many items are delivered in 3 days and most are delivered in 2 days, thanks to our warehouses in Fresno, California, Memphis, Tennessee and Horn Lake, Mississippi."
Well they are expanding I guess....big money in undercutting other businesses :unsure:

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not sure why these came from California, but Titan paid for free delivery from there so all is good with them. It is Fed-ex that is charging $148 for a 25 mile redelivery and that is the charge that I am questioning.

·
Premium Member
12,775 Posts
Well they are expanding I guess....big money in undercutting other businesses :unsure:
They are using the Freight Companies "Total Logistics Service" where Titan never touches their own........stuff........that comes in containers. The frieght company handles the shipping from China to the retail customer and charges Titan for being their warehouse and even can handle the customer service orders, etc. If you look up the "warehouse" in Horn Lake, Mississippi it shows the freight company's terminal address and the same in Fresno and Memphis.............

·
Premium Member
12,775 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
2,498 Posts
Looks like an excessive overcharge for any redelivery at those rates.
Not disputing the cost, but they did already attempt a delivery. They now need to make a second trip to your location, which I assume is a residential address. It's not like they have trucks in your neighborhood everyday.

·
Registered
13,378 Posts
They just drop them off here, no signature required.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
My Titan forks were delivered by a big FedEx semi. Too heavy for shipping and delivery by the regular daily route trucks which then had a 150 pound upper limit for home delivery.

I believe that you will have to pay the $148 or go pick them up yourself at the freight terminal. They will load them for you. Or try to speak to someone to plead with them to make a redelivery fee exception. The above post does say $148 minimum redelivery charge.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Myrna were you notified of the first delivery and you missed appt. or did fed ex just come to house without notification? If they did not notify you of first delivery they cannot charge you for redelivery. I drove for major freight company for 32 years, and this happened all the time. Dock supervisor just put out for delivery without notification.

·
Premium Member
12,775 Posts
I see Fed Ex also charges a "Storage Fee" of

""STORAGE: Item 910: $4.23 per hundredweight per 24 hours, minimum charge $42 per shipment per 24 hours, not less than $148 per shipment; see rule for maximum charges.""

So if the OP does make arrangements to pick up at the terminal to attempt to avoid the re-delivery fee, make sure the "Free Freight" Titan Forks aren't accruing a storage fee as it would really be unpleasant to find out the storage fees for picking up the freight are as much as the re-delivery charges for having them bring the freight-back out. That would pretty much sour things.......

Man, I sure hope these Titan forks fit on the John Deere front mounting system. That would be the final kick in the teeth to find out the forks don't fit after all of this............

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Myrna were you notified of the first delivery and you missed appt. or did fed ex just come to house without notification? If they did not notify you of first delivery they cannot charge you for redelivery. I drove for major freight company for 32 years, and this happened all the time. Dock supervisor just put out for delivery without notification.
I was home waiting for a call from Fed-ex and the driver did call but the call was from his private line, not Fed-ex so the call went to my spam filter on my phone so it was not answered. I would have picked up on a call listed as Fed-ex. So I figure that I share some of the responsibility for the missed delivery, but Fed-ex should have used a company phone number when calling me. I get a lot of spam calls and don't answer them so I missed the call. AT&T needs to filter the spam out.
What is your opinion on this information?

·
Registered
13,543 Posts
do u have a truck or a hatch back that ur forks will fit in? if so just drive to the freight delivery terminal. i ran some city freiight for a yr or so. if someone wasn't home then their freight was sat on the dock till we got ahold of that certain person. then if they wanted the freight they came to the terminal to pick it up-or they paid for a redelivery fee.

Reactions: wildbranch2007
1 - 20 of 111 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.