Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I decided to multitask my Land Pride BB1254 box blade as a ballast box. Using some scrap steel I simply added a bottom to the box blade to hold concrete pavers. Total estimated weight as pictured: 1141 lbs. (Box blade advertised weight = 325 lbs, concrete pavers 34 x 24 lbs = 816 lbs).

I will be using my box blade as a ballast box the majority of the time. Therefore, I will leave the pavers in it. For the occasional box blade conversion, simply unstack the pavers, pull out the "T" rails and unbolt the steel angle.

Components:

(2) 15-1/2" steel angle 1-1/2" x 1-1/2" x 1/8".
(4) 1/2" x 2" carriage bolts with nuts and lock washers.
(4) 53-3/4" x 1-1/2" overhead door "T" rail recycled.
(34) cement pavers $50
Land Pride BB1254

I did use some scraps of wood and rubber to stabilize the load to help prevent shifting. One consideration is that a ballast box is significantly narrower than the tractor, in my case it is similar in width. Therefore, spacial awareness must be heightened to avoid unexpected collisions, especially in confined work areas.

Sorry, I have troubles loading pictures. I do not have a computer, just a smart phone which is constantly crashing. It takes me a long time to peck out my postings. Thank you for your patience with me.

Attachments

·
Administrator
20,976 Posts
You can edit your post for up to 12 hours. :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
583 Posts
Looks good.:bigthumb: I hung suitcase weights in mine. Worked pretty good except for in tight spaces. I ended up hitting stuff with the box blade. Now I just use the ballast box.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
[QUOTaf=mtrmn;778754]Looks much better than mine. :good2::good2::good2:

My box blade's primary duty nowdays is ballast

View attachment 156890

Had to beef up my lift pin situation

View attachment 156898 [/QUOTE]

Nice to have the capabilities for beefing up when needed as well as fabricating! MIG welder acquisition is on my list one of these days :)

My wife refers to me similarly, as my primary duty is ballast. Just kidding, does sound like a colorful moniker from a spouse.

Reactions: mtrmn
1 - 6 of 6 Posts