Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep seeing people recommending the Frontier BB2048 or Everything Attachments XTreme 48 or 54 models with the 1025R tractor. I'm ordering a 1025R shortly and the dealer is telling me to get the BB2048L and will sell it for $650 if I purchase with the tractor. Everything Attachments is recommending their new Land Pride line which is for sub compacts and say I will like it over the XTreme series. Both these are just under 300lb and the original models I was looking at are around 360lb. Which is the correct way to go?

·
Registered
572 Posts
I bought the BB2048 for my 1025. I went with the regular 2048 It is 80lb heavier, carries more, has an additional scarifier and the end plate is thicker.

The specs are available ion page 6 of the on-line Landscape Equipment Brochure
Here is the meat & taters:

BB Specs.png

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
I'm ordering a 1025R shortly and the dealer is telling me to get the BB2048L and will sell it for $650 if I purchase with the tractor.
Does he already have the BB2048L on his lot and is trying to get rid of it??

I can't comment on a 48" vs. 54", but I will say that, in general, heavier is better when talking about a box blade. If it were me, I'd go for the BB2048 (not "L") since it's heavier.

·
Registered
572 Posts
2048 works great on my 1025R. Has 4 scarifiers and the extra weight (over the 2048L) is a benefit in my rocky soil. 3pt has no problem lifting it... Even with a 200lb person standing on it ( yes we tried it).
And the 2048 came recommended to me from someone on another thread .... They are actually using it on their 1025. :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
Skip the "L" and go with the regular model. One qualifying factor I noted in the brochure is that the "L" does not list iMatch compatibility and that is a deal breaker to me.

Dave

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone! I just ordered the 1025R TLB with 54" deck and the BB2048 box blade. Now I just hope the tractor lives up to my expectations and is worth the monthly payment.

·
Premium Member
5,091 Posts
I've had the BB5048L w/iMatch since day one in March 2013. Love it, just the right size for my 1026R. I maintain 300'+ of gravel road and have built one pole building pad about three and a half feet high on the low side. Currently building the second pad, larger than the first. No complaints. iMatch, easy on, easy off.

Box Scraper-1.jpg Box Scraper-2.jpg Day-3g.jpg IMG_2334.jpg

View attachment Frontier 20L Box Blade.pdf

:kidw_truck_smiley:

·
Premium Member
12,768 Posts
I've had the BB5048L w/iMatch since day one in March 2013. Love it, just the right size for my 1026R. I maintain 300'+ of gravel road and have built one pole building pad about three and a half feet high on the low side. Currently building the second pad, larger than the first. No complaints. iMatch, easy on, easy off.
What is the chain used for?

·
Registered
572 Posts
FYI - The specs on the BB5048L and the BB2048L are different. The 50 series box blade specs can be found here.

The BB2048 (non-L) more closely matches the BB5048L and both of these are listed as iMatch compatible.

·
Registered
937 Posts
I believe that the attachment pins on the "L" are lower to the ground which allows the "L"imited lift height of the limited three point hitch of the 1025 to lift higher off the ground.

I have the 2048 and I like it. Before I got the hydraulic top link it was very annoying that I would scrape the ground quite often even though I had it raised up all the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
673 Posts
If you are going to trailer the unit you may want to get the 2048L. If you tilt the box blade forward it will dig into the ground no matter which one you get.

Doug

·
Registered
184 Posts
The Woods 2048 that I have has worked well on both the 2305 I used to have, and the 1025r I have now.
Both tractors lifted it at least a foot above grade (unlike my subsoiler, which will drag on uneven ground).

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well I already pulled the trigger on the BB2048 so we shall see how it works out. I will be trailing it a few times a year. One of the first projects I'm doing is helping a friend grade his back yard (he installed a number of french drains). I'll take some pictures of the clearance when loading / unloading on the trailer. The trailer is a 18ft with 2ft dovetail so maybe it won't bottom out.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts