Green Tractor Talk banner

Box blade help

3K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  JKR 
#1 ·
I have the opportunity to purchase a nice, new 5' box blade from a friend on the cheap, like half price. I have a 1025, my dealer said a 48 or 60 are both compatible. My only concern is everyone I talk to said to get the 4'. What are everyone's thoughts? Will I be happy with the 5 foot? I mostly want it to move loose soil.

#2 ·
Go ahead and get it. If it stops you in your tracks, just lift up a little.

Dave

#3 ·
60 inchers work great behind a properly ballasted 1025r. Its what I use

#4 ·
I went with the 5 footer so that it would extend out beyond the rear tires.

Reactions: 56Nine and Levi
#5 ·
I say get it if the price is right. If you find it bogs down too much in your conditions then sell it.

That said, I use a 4' with no issues and I think a 5' would be okay in my soils. Just be sure it works okay with the limited 3PH, you want to be sure you can lift it high enough to clear the material you are working with.

Reactions: Levi
#6 ·
If it's well made and half price...you should be all over it. :bigthumb:

Reactions: OldmanX
#7 ·
i picked it up, it is heavier than i thought it was going to be. seems very well built and solid. it is an LMC 500. i am not familiar with the brand.
i hooked it to the tractor on my lunch break and it dug right in, now i did not fill the box or even come close as i am waiting for fill dirt to be delivered. I paid $250, and its brand new! I hope this is not a case where i get what i paid for! Part of me wants to sell it for a smaller one for fear of hurting the tractor and the other part thinks its a good size as it only hangs out 6" on each side past the tires.

#10 · (Edited)
Look if you feel bad and are worried about it Ill give you 275 and take it off your hands.... :mocking:

I paid ALOT(green paint and all is expensive) more (sorry to say) for my Frontier BB2060 and it is wonderful. The 60" are perfect for the 1025r

You'll do great with that blade

#9 ·
You won't regret that purchase. You can't hurt the 1025 with that - the box would simply dig in like an anchor and the tires would start spinning, a little less edge pressure and you'd be moving again. I kind of wish I had gotten the 5 footer just for the additional overhang.

Reactions: Levi
#11 ·
You can see in my profile I use a Frontier BB5060. Have no problems pulling it. Sometimes I have to lift it a little to get traction but love the way it covers the tractors foot print. Same as you I bought mine private from someone who had never used it. Less than half the dealer price. You did good.

#13 ·
60" should be fine. That's what I used to have. I only sold it because it wasn't iMatch compatible. I replaced it with a 54", 48" is too small in my opinion.

#14 ·
I used a 5 foot box blade on my 1025R with no problems.. If you go max deep just raise the box up or use one or two tines less.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.