Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a mod that I did to my box blade so that it would be more user friendly. I went to the local farm supply store and all the parts that I needed was going to cost $465.00. So I went to Harbor Freight and bought the 40"X48" flat bed trailer for $229.00. And 90% of what I needed was in this trailer.

First photo box raised all the way up is 12" clearance. DSC_0002.jpg

Second photo is box lowered all the way which DSC_0004.jpg gives me a 6" deep cut.

Third photo is the 2X14 hydraulic cylinder and my hinge system. DSC_0005.jpg

·
Registered
110 Posts
I guess I don't understand this. How will you control angle of cut?
I would say by looking at it, if you needed to adjust the angle you could adjust tire pressure or use different wheels. With it lowered all the way pretty easy to change but may not be convenient.

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Registered
12,655 Posts
I guess I don't understand this. How will you control angle of cut?
coaltrain-that little box blade works no different than a bulldozer that doesn't have a tilt cylinder on it. when I started running dozer the first one had no tilt on, u just have to get started correctly, if u mess up, back up, jack ur one track onto a windrow and get started again. in his pic he is pretty much flat, only place he might need some angle would be next to the edge of yard. and it might mean a few more laps around with it, but it can be done. I like it, a cheap way to have a land plane for sure.:bigthumb:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
coaltrain-that little box blade works no different than a bulldozer that doesn't have a tilt cylinder on it. when I started running dozer the first one had no tilt on, u just have to get started correctly, if u mess up, back up, jack ur one track onto a windrow and get started again. in his pic he is pretty much flat, only place he might need some angle would be next to the edge of yard. and it might mean a few more laps around with it, but it can be done. I like it, a cheap way to have a land plane for sure.:bigthumb:
I assume the 'angle' is being referred to tilt one side up or down. If that is the case, all one would have to do is omit the center braces and axle. Then use two cylinders ( one for each side ) You will have to spilt the center hinge and install a center support.

I like mine set up as is because I prefer flat a driveway.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts