Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
4 ft or 5ft. What you guys think? Will be a king kutter from Rural King since I have several gift cards for there to put towards purchase. So those are my only 2 choices. I run a 5ft snow plow and a 5ft mmm. Not that it has anything to do with box blade but I’m comfortable running the 5ft implements in this Tractor. Prefer the weight of the 5ft box blade. Just want to see if anyone else runs this and if they think it’s fine or too much. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: JD4044M

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Dang. I read the title and was all set with the correct answer!
54"!!!

Then I read the post. :lol:

If you are comfortable with 5', get it.
You can always take a bit less of a bite if necessary. Kinda hard to make a 4' box wider when you want it.

Im no box blade expert, but Im sure others will come along directly and offer much more wise advice than mine.

·
Premium Member
13,837 Posts
I have a 4’, with my wheel spacers I’m 51” and it still performs. Don’t have any experience with a 5’ but I’m sure it would handle it.

Reactions: JD4044M and Wvdeere

·
Premium Member
6,038 Posts
I agree with both posters comments above. Get super aggressive and both of them will stop it so get the one you are comfortable with.

Reactions: JD4044M and PJR832

·
Premium Member
1,228 Posts
you should be able to use the 5ft one I run a bb20065 fronteir on my gen1 2032r and haven't had any problems with it if you are comfortable with 5ft implements go for the 5ft :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. I went and put deposit on it today. They had it marked about $130 off so I couldn’t pass it up. 5ft box blade for $549. IMG_9638.jpg

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
I had a 5ft box TCS box blade on my 1025R and I traded it for a 4ft Howes. When the box filled up, and it eventually will no matter how much bite you are trying to take, the tractor struggled with both power and traction. I realize that the 2025R has better traction than a 1025R, but still has the same power plant. Also, when scraping with the tines at full depth, your box will fill up very quickly and you will loose power and traction. I am much more efficient my 4 footer. In the case of box blades, bigger is not necessarilly better.

·
Premium Member
13,837 Posts
I had a 5ft box TCS box blade on my 1025R and I traded it for a 4ft Howes. When the box filled up, and it eventually will no matter how much bite you are trying to take, the tractor struggled with both power and traction. I realize that the 2025R has better traction than a 1025R, but still has the same power plant. Also, when scraping with the tines at full depth, your box will fill up very quickly and you will loose power and traction. I am much more efficient my 4 footer. In the case of box blades, bigger is not necessarilly better.
I agree with all of this. :good2:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts