Green Tractor Talk banner

41 - 42 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
Been feeling under the weather since Saturday and am finally able to climb outta bed. No Covid. Just a nasty cold. Still feel like crud but I felt like going out to the garage today
Drilled the holes and threw a couple coats of paint on them. I haven’t done the slot cuts yet. I wanna see how it behaves with the cutting edge level with the bottom of the skis. Btw I noticed both the cutting edges are not the same depth below the box. The rear edge is 3/16” higher than the front. I don’t know if they did that to anticipate faster wear on the front or whatever, but whatever.

View attachment 759644
View attachment 759645

Per Satch I made sure to keep the holes 2” from the bottom of the box. I’m m contemplating welding the studs to the inside of the box for easier mounting. My luck though, and I’ll side swipe something with them when the skis aren’t on and bend the crap out of them. Once the paint is dry I’ll see how they fit
Nice work, it’s always nice to see guys expirementing, modding and working on innovation. Necessarily is the mother of invention and GTT is it’s implementation, no pun intended.

can’t wait to see the progress report when it’s in use.

Reactions: Kbar

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
Yup. I cant afford both right now so ill make it work like both or ill scrap it and use the rear blade for finishing. That i know works good but it takes alot of passes to get it the way i like it.
Long skis will be a pain if you need to make short radius turns. They'll carve "grooves" and leave little ridges. My 5' land plane does that.

Reactions: Kbar
41 - 42 of 42 Posts