Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, So the local JD dealer priced me a Frontier Box Blade, model BB2060 for like $1,050 or so. I see that Mutton Power has a Frontier BB5060 with free shipping for $930 or so. What is the difference between these two blades? Also, another local dealer has Woods brand box blades (forgot the model number) for $850. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Dan

·
Registered
43 Posts
I bought a Land Pride 54" back blade painted in JD green for under $700 from the dealer. Seems to be built better than the Frontier and was cheaper. Had to wait a few weeks more for green but was worth it. I would shop around but I'm also hearing good things about the TSC blades for the money.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info, Matt.

I'll have to look into Land Pride ones. I believe the TSC stores around me sell "Countryline" and the Farm&Fleet stores sell King Kutter. The King Kutter 60" box blade is only $580 so it appears to be a really good price, but I'd like to make sure it will hook up to an Imatch.

Dan

·
Registered
714 Posts
I bought the county line at TSC and I'm very pleased. I think it weighs around 500 # and was around $500. It also is compatible with the imatch.

Reactions: CubWelder

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I bought the county line at TSC and I'm very pleased. I think it weighs around 500 # and was around $500. It also is compatible with the imatch.
Todd, Thanks for the info! That sounds like what I need as I really don't want to spend any more than I absolutely have to on a box blade. I'll have to stop in at TSC and check out their selection and prices.

-Dan

·
Registered
43 Posts
Tell him to discount

Got the frontier model you spoke of for 850 with rippers . For the few bucks more I would stay Deere.

Big mike

·
Super Moderator
5,632 Posts
Hey Dan
Not really putting down the TSC stuff,but for quality (strong construction) IMHO,you can't beat Frontier or Woods. When I was looking at those two brands a few years ago,I couldn't find either one under 1,200.00. I happened (Google) on this place and amazingly I got the Woods shipped and all for just over 700.00!!:thumbup1gif:

Rosseels Farm & Garden Supply, Inc.

·
Registered
714 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
I think the price is fair for what it is. but it is 440#'s not 500#'s and it is $599 not $500. this will work with the OP's 2520 but a 3320 could use a heavier and stronger boxblade imo.
well, it worked great clearing my land with 200# of my suitcase weights on them. The blade took so much abuse backwards and frontwrds that I almost feel guilty. I beat the living hell out of a $500 box blade and it came thru with just one big scratch.......for goodness sake its just a box blade ...a box with a blade....:mocking:.....my tiller and cutter are JD green however.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I know most of the guys on here know this but Frontier as a brand does not make their own implements. Chances are they are made by another big brand with specifications by Frontier/ JD. I think for moving dirt around the TSC is a good value. If I had not had such a deal on my LP I would have bought one. I will say there are little details that separate a name brand from TSC but if you can live without the details and save 2-300 bucks toward another implement then good on you! I'll post some pics of mine later today which was bough from the dealer and was suggested over the Frontier brand. Also if you are looking for a 54" which I would suggest over a 48" since the outside tire width of a 1026 is (47 1/4 +/-) your choices go down dramatically.

·
Registered
430 Posts
It is all up to the individual which boxblade will be the best choice. My interest is to help provide information on what is available. For instance if the OP is interested in a 54" boxblade then look at these from Cammond which are available with hydraulic rippers and hinged tailgate. Back to Photo Gallery
Cammond offers their boxblades in light to heavy duty ratings I use a light model on my garden tractor.

While TSC offers an inexpensive boxblade which is about right for a 2520 (as I mentioned in prior post above) there are other choices, just wan't the OP to know about.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I know most of the guys on here know this but Frontier as a brand does not make their own implements. Chances are they are made by another big brand with specifications by Frontier/ JD.

I am not even sure about the part made "specifications by Frontier/ JD" At least with the heavier frontier tedder the only spec different is the paint and decals at least that is what the manufacturer told me.

Good chance it doesn't matter all that much for the tractor class in post 1 but I will note what I have found out. The design of holes cut into a square or rectangular tube whether by plasma, laser, abrasive spray jet or whatever technique makes corners prone to cracking. Look for the thickest square tube, the highest vertical cross section and a metal bar stuffed inside to take some of the load off the actual cut out and onto the back of the tube. The land pride ripper shanks are a bit thicker and wider than the ones hanging on the hooks at tractor supply. The land pride teeth will fall off after many times the amount of use as the tractor supply ones. If you order the teeth for the land pride which can be put on any brand shank the later number has a wider cutting edge and the serial number business about what came with your implement is incorrect at least as happened to me.

Fran

·
Registered
26 Posts
I got mine from tsc and it's worked out great (They have 2 models I believe, I got the standard duty). I work mine pretty hard clearing new fields. I would recommend the TSC model. Definitely a lot of bang for the buck.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for all of the info, everyone! I think the frontier is just to expensive for what I need (its just a metal box and I'm not going to be using it that often), I'll probably just pick up one at TSC of Farm&Fleet if they go on sale or I'll pick up the woods for $850 if I fall into a little bit more cash; or maybe one from Everything Attachments (anyone use any of their stuff? it looks like a pretty good place to deal with). No way I'm paying over a grand for one with all of the other stuff I need to buy. I'm young and looking to build a new house and would like to stay as economical as I can on non-mechanical implements that won't get used all that often. Overall, I really appreciate all of you opinions and help in guiding me through this selection process; this truly is a great forum!

-Dan

·
Registered
616 Posts

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Thanks for all of the info, everyone! I think the frontier is just to expensive for what I need (its just a metal box and I'm not going to be using it that often), I'll probably just pick up one at TSC of Farm&Fleet if they go on sale or I'll pick up the woods for $850 if I fall into a little bit more cash; or maybe one from Everything Attachments (anyone use any of their stuff? it looks like a pretty good place to deal with). No way I'm paying over a grand for one with all of the other stuff I need to buy. I'm young and looking to build a new house and would like to stay as economical as I can on non-mechanical implements that won't get used all that often. Overall, I really appreciate all of you opinions and help in guiding me through this selection process; this truly is a great forum!

-Dan
The Countryline products and King Kutter are the same, same with Woods and Frontier, both the same just different color/decals.

Another alternative I am currently considering is Everything Attachments:
Tractor Box Blades - Box Scraper - HD Cat 1 and Deluxe HD Cat 2 Models
They have:
a 48" for $587 delivered (within 1000 miles of NC)
a 54" for $615 delivered
a 60" for $635 delivered

Watch the video on how they design and make it.
Kinda light weight IMO. Weight is your friend when it comes to working with dirt/gravel.

·
Registered
616 Posts
I guess the Everything Attachments does come in on the lighter side of this group:

Frontier BB2048L is 275lbs (http://www.deere.com/en_US/docs/non_current/wsdsfe35663_frntr_l_series_tools_lit.pdf)
Frontier BB2048 is 385 lbs (http://www.deere.com/en_US/docs/non_current/dsfe33799_bb20_rb20_lit.pdf)
Frontier BB2060 is 465 lbs
Everything Attach. 48" is 310lbs (Tractor Box Blades - Box Scraper - HD Cat 1 and Deluxe HD Cat 2 Models)
Everything Attach. 54" is 310lbs??
Everything Attach. 60" is 353lbs
Woods BSE4 48" is 309 lbs (Landscape Equipment)
Woods BSE5 60" is 351 lbs
Woods GBC 48" is 285lbs
Woods BSS54 54" is 486lbs
Woods BSS60 60" is 514 lbs
TSC Countyline 48" is ?? lbs (looks a great deal like the Frontier BB2048L)
TSC Countyline 60" is 440lbs (tractorsupply.com)
Sundown BBG48C is 350 lbs (http://www.jswoodhouse.com/brochures/KKBB.pdf)
Sundown BBG60C is 415 lbs
Sundown BB100-48 is 248 lbs
Sundown BB100-54 is 258 lbs
Sundown BB100-60 is 397 lbs
Sundown BB200-48 is 418 lbs
Sundown BB200-60 is 440 lbs
Nortrac 48" is 389 lbs (NorthernTool.com)
Nortrac 60" is 444 lbs
Hawkline 48" is 290 lbs
Hawkline 60" is 460 lbs
Howse EB48 is 387 lbs
King Kutter BB48 is 350lbs
King Kutter BB-48-XB is 295lbs
King Kutter BB60 is 415 lbs

Reactions: rgd

·
Registered
456 Posts
I have a 6' King Kutter box blade and I have had no issues with it. I'm very happy with it and the price was very good. I own several King Kutter products and they have all been very good. Right now Fleet Farm has the King Kutter box blades priced at $500 for a 60" and a 72" for $590.

Blades & Box Blades - Mills Fleet Farm

You can find these at other places too. I think Everything Attachments carries King Kutter as does L&M to name a couple.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts