Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello:

I just purchased the 1025r and hope to bring it home this week. I live near Elko, Nevada and have very rocky soil I need to break up. I was going to purchase the 48 inch Frontier box scraper from the dealer I purchased the 1025r from but it was out of stock. I was quoted a price of $850.00. Is this a reasonable price? What other good options would I have for the box scraper? This is my first tractor, much to learn. Thank heaven for youtube and forums to help.

Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Do you have a Tractor Supply or similar store out there? You can find a 48 inch box blade for around $450-500 new. Or check craigslist as well.

·
Registered
310 Posts
$850 sounds outrageous. I picked up a new countyline 5' from Tarter Gates in Liberty ky for $400. Same as tsc has, but these were 2nds? I couldn't tell any difference in quaility. It's a fantastic box scraper and couldn't do without it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have been shopping around for a box scrapper also. I only found stupid prices in my area, so I ordered one from Everything Attachments. Waiting for my 54" to come in.

Reactions: BigJim55 and TJR345

·
Registered
386 Posts
$850 sounds outrageous. I picked up a new countyline 5' from Tarter Gates in Liberty ky for $400. Same as tsc has, but these were 2nds? I couldn't tell any difference in quaility. It's a fantastic box scraper and couldn't do without it.
Sounds right to me. $450 for the box blade and $400 for the Deere markup!

Reactions: Marlin

·
Registered
311 Posts
You can usually find a better price on a 5' BB than a 4' one but the larger one may be too much for a 1025 depending on what material you're moving.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I bought a 5' King Kutter box scraper from Cal Ranch when I lived in Elko years ago, I think it was around $300-400. Keep an eye on craiglist or maybe ruby mountian want ads for a used one.

Reactions: Marlin

·
Registered
342 Posts
Hello:

I just purchased the 1025r and hope to bring it home this week. I live near Elko, Nevada and have very rocky soil I need to break up. I was going to purchase the 48 inch Frontier box scraper from the dealer I purchased the 1025r from but it was out of stock. I was quoted a price of $850.00. Is this a reasonable price? What other good options would I have for the box scraper? This is my first tractor, much to learn. Thank heaven for youtube and forums to help.

Thanks for any advice.
Wow.... That is the exact price I was quoted for the same BB! :nunu:

Mr. Moose

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
What do you mean by break up the soil? I bought a tarter landscape rake in FEB for my property. I have about two acres of recently cleared land. It has been great for collecting up debris and rocks. It really pulls up the rocks and levels the land, way better than I anticipated. What I really like is the fact I can angle the rake. Can't do that with a box blade. You also can run a bit of a bigger rake than box blade because you are not pull as much dirt since the tines act as a bit of a filter and let dirt go through it. I paid around $600 for mine but it was a heavy duty one and weighed more than other 5 footers I was looking at.

If you a looking for a budget option but like the idea of a blade, look at a back blade. I have found they can be cheaper than box blades in the CAT 1 size. You have to shop around though.

I would look at Northern Tool or any Farm store if you want a new one otherwise craigslist is the way to go. Good luck. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
471 Posts
Hello:

Thanks for any advice.
No two ways about it: Green paint is EXPENSIVE!
I checked with my dealer and he said he could let me have one for $770. Still too much for me.
Based on numerous recommendations on this board I checked Everything Attachments. Problem is if you are outside the 1000mile radius for free shipping (I am in Idaho) they're expensive too.
Looks like your nearest TractorSupply store is nearly 200 miles away in Utah so about 6 hours round trip for a $450 light duty box blade. Make sure they have one in stock before making the trip.
If you want to make the trip to Reno I see a 48" bb on Craig's List for $450.

I got lucky and found a used 60" nearby for $350.
I will give it a try and if it turns out to be too big I will get out the plasma torch and welder and cut it down.

Good luck with your search and enjoy the tractor.

·
Registered
673 Posts
If you don't have an IMatch I would get one and before buying a box blade I would check to see if it fits on the IMatch. It makes hooking up the box blade to the 3PT a piece of cake.
Just my 2 cents

Doug

·
Registered
537 Posts
Be patient and watch Craigslist. Picked up mine for less than half what the JD dealer wanted and it had never been on a tractor.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts