Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a large frame 855 tractor. I'm in need of a box scraper but not sure on what I should be getting. The tractor is 24 HP & I would like to size the scraper to match the HP & I guess it should be at least as wide, if not wider than the rear tires.

I don't think I can afford a JD scraper, so I've been looking at those sold by Northern Tool & Tractor Supply Co. I have several tasks in mind for this scraper, but when I'm done I don't see much use for it or keeping it around. I'm currently looking for used equipment as well. So if someone can advise me on the proper size match for my tractor I would appreciate it. Thanks

Maddog

·
Registered
430 Posts
My local dealer sells Cammond box blades, I purchased a 48" a couple of years ago and have been satisfied with it. I would think a 54" size would work well with your 855.

Reactions: Maddog

·
Premium Member
10,068 Posts
I think you would probably be okay with a 5' blade.

The County Line blades sold at TSC are decent quality, they're not as heavy as some of the nicer units but they do work well. A used 5' should be easy to find, it's probably the most common size. They turn up regularly around here for $2-300 most of the time.

As for uses, once you get it you may be surprised at exactly how much you end up using it.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks- All good advice I was shooting to get a 5' unit & it sounds like it wll go with my 855. Also I'm going to take a look at the ones sold by TSC. I've seen some of their brands and they are not too bad. And I've got my fingers crossed that I will find a used one before I pull the triger on a new one.
Thank you

Maddog

1 - 4 of 4 Posts