Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You probably already know that a box blade is a handy tool, but being new to this, everything is an "ah ha" moment for me. My friend has been telling me for a while that I should try to bring up some of the old pebbles and rocks that once were a driveway. He even said I could use his box blade. Well I finally took the back hoe off (and on, and off and...), hooked up the three point (not easy for a beginner, no instructions???), attached the Harbor Freight Quick Hitch and had some fun. Here is a video you can watch if you like seeing these little tractors get things done.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Suburban: I've had box blades for over 30 years but a fellow member got me into this devil. "if" you don't want to move substance but rather loosen up a ditch, drive, garden, pull vines, anything wiched...make yourself one of these....it will go in the ground as deep as you like....back dragging is best.....but wow....what a devil.....

Attachments

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Suburban: I've had box blades for over 30 years but a fellow member got me into this devil. "if" you don't want to move substance but rather loosen up a ditch, drive, garden, pull vines, anything wiched...make yourself one of these....it will go in the ground as deep as you like....back dragging is best.....but wow....what a devil.....
YES!!!! I like it. I have an old I-beam that I was going to get rid of, but I see what's going on there and I want one. Sure beats abusing my loader by pointing the teeth of my tooth bar down.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I made the plate plus quickhatch combo so I could mount my boom pole on front, plus whatever. This item I can work just a spot...keep a blade or box blade on rear then move the dirt....can work up a ditch bank or what ever...I have back drag with it on the front...this item bought from fellow member.....I considering the possibility of finding a rock rake and taking the rear tines and making a receiver hook up on the harrow....have invented several useful item...but this harrow was invented by another member.....

·
Premium Member
7,944 Posts
The guy I borrowed the box blade from made a tooth bar last month. He's a good fabricator. I'm going to show this to him. Thanks for posting it.
The harrow spikes came from Argi-Supply as well as the special shaped U bolts that hold the spikes in place.

·
Registered
610 Posts
My box blade lives on the back of my 4720, it's an incredibly useful attachment and provides decent ballast for the loader when not in use. Shorten the top link to make the front edge bite or extend it a bunch and put the rockshaft in float (all the way down) for finish grading.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I'm going to finish my two projects this morning....need to do some seeding...so the harrow will allow me to rake in then straw...I'm doing some more studying as to how I can quick attach a rock rake to the harrow....this way I can also back drag debrie...trick is finding one I can salvage out.....

·
Premium Member
7,944 Posts
I'm going to finish my two projects this morning....need to do some seeding...so the harrow will allow me to rake in then straw...I'm doing some more studying as to how I can quick attach a rock rake to the harrow....this way I can also back drag debrie...trick is finding one I can salvage out.....
Rural King in Owensboro has one on clearance. It has a couple broken tines. I don't recall the price they had on it.

·
Registered
517 Posts
rgtg and poster....could this be a viable design to add the rock rake....since the harrow really works the soil or gravel...then the rake would be lowered on demand to move the substance if needed...I believe the receiver will need a pivot or sleeve type adjustment for height...most of them have an angle and these are not excessively heavy as the same width of the rake if appropriate. I'm trying at this point to find a used rake at a good price for fabrication....I can see with the pivot that I can easily raise for harrow use only....believe a pivot would be better than the sleeve design....you're welcome to weigh in...and poster is going to fabricate one of these...also for the poster...the harrow could be welded directly on one of the loader attaching plated....the harrow will work much better on the loader frame for multiple use...however to prevent cylinder damage I would recommend back dragging...I found that on the rear it worked okay was wasn't as versatile....any comments on design plans appreciated....love this forum...bet equipment manufacturers mouths are watering.....

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,944 Posts
I am not sure a single point connection in the middle would be very stable.

Maybe put hooks on the harrow like you have on the bottom of a quick hitch. You could connect the rakes lower hitch pins there.

Since you won't need to angle the rake, shorted the bar between the three point connection and the rake, bringing the rake closer to the harrow.

Remove the top link frame on the rakes three point hitch.

Weld ears on the back side of the harrow's top link connection point and another set of ears on the frame of the rake back by the pivot point of the rake.

Then put in an adjustable top link connector so you can adjust the height of the rake.

Another idea would be to use chain instead of the top link so that the rake could float up if necessary.

·
Registered
517 Posts
thanks rgtb and the poster of this....looks like you have a good idea on the hooks....RK didn't have the item...going by Obryan's and see if they have a junk rock rake....I'm looking for one at a low price and I can fabricate....with the hooks I can quickly remove the rake...might go ahead and design a pattern for those...keep looking....would like to make the rake fit both directions....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts