Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Early this week I had a local welding shop bend two pieces of 1/4" plate to facilitate installation of folding steps, front wheel mud flaps and an inclinometer. I installed the brackets today on the two lower FEL mast bolts, retorqued the bolts to 230 foot pounds and installed the mud flaps, the inclinometer and the steps on the brackets. The steps are 13" from the ground, a bit high, but necessary to preclude interference with the MMM. It is also better than 19 1/2 " from the ground to the operator station floor. Hope the flaps keep most the debris off the deck. The plate cost $12.00, steps $19.00, bending costs 10.00 and the rest of the materials were on hand.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,203 Posts
Looking good!

The inclinometer is a great idea and I would never thought of it, but now I'm looking for a place for one to live on my 2032r.

Reactions: Danny D

·
Registered
913 Posts
Did you have to replace the mast bolts with longer ones? Or, were the originals already long enough?

Sorry, just re-read the OP, and noted that the original bolts were re-used. They must have been long enough.

Very nice step approach.'
:bigthumb:

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Brackets to facilitate the installation of steps and mud flaps on my 1025r

Retired Doc, I measured the thread length and came to the conclusion that with 3/4" of thread that I probably didn't need longer bolts. The inclinometer was an after thought as I had it on my 2503 and just couldn't find a place for it on the 1025r until I came up with this bracket.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Brackets to facilitate the installation of steps and mud flaps on my 1025r

Retired Doc, I measured the thread length and came to the conclusion that with 3/4" of thread that I probably didn't need longer bolts. The inclinometer was an after thought as I had it on my 2503 and just couldn't find a place for it on the 1025r until I came up with this bracket.
Do you have to lift the mudflap when backing over the mmm deck when removing it?

·
Premium Member
3,552 Posts
This thread is 2 1/2 years old guys. I agree that looks good

·
Premium Member
11,233 Posts
This thread is 2 1/2 years old guys. I agree that looks good
At least unlike many old threads which the new system tends to dredge up, at least the OP of this one is still active on GTT, with him having been on in the last day.

Often, more and more of these threads are being resurrected and some are one posters with that post being their one and only GTT experience. It's important people look at the dates on the "recommended posts" as one surfaced yesterday from 2014 and half the people in the thread haven't been on GTT in years......................

One more "weakness" of the "new GTT", which isn't new any more as it's been a year already. And I will say in that year, I have come to accept the "new GTT" much more than I thought I would and that's been the case with many who hated to see the old GTT die.

What was old is now gone and what became new, is now old.

Now that GTT seems to be running fairly smoothly and everyone has "adjusted" to it, must be about time for the owner to throw another headache of monumental proportions to the moderators.........That must be a moderator nightmare, waking up drenched in sweat just having dreamt that the site owners have once again, come up with another "big change and great idea:"...

Reactions: Danny D and Kbar

·
Premium Member
3,552 Posts
Speaking of moderators, where’s kylew been?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks all for the nice comments. I also moved the inclinometer near the top of the masts that I installed for mirrors(see 1025R step thread by JerryM, post 10, picture 3).
bubbazwv: I learned that I had to fold the mud flaps up during the first removal of the MMM.
Retired Doc: After seeing a thread on broken mast bolts I decided to replace mine with longer bolts for safety.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts