Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Early this week I had a local welding shop bend two pieces of 1/4" plate to facilitate installation of folding steps, front wheel mud flaps and an inclinometer. I installed the brackets today on the two lower FEL mast bolts, retorqued the bolts to 230 foot pounds and installed the mud flaps, the inclinometer and the steps on the brackets. The steps are 13" from the ground, a bit high, but necessary to preclude interference with the MMM. It is also better than 19 1/2 " from the ground to the operator station floor. Hope the flaps keep most the debris off the deck. The plate cost $12.00, steps $19.00, bending costs 10.00 and the rest of the materials were on hand.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,479 Posts
Looking good!

The inclinometer is a great idea and I would never thought of it, but now I'm looking for a place for one to live on my 2032r.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Did you have to replace the mast bolts with longer ones? Or, were the originals already long enough?

Sorry, just re-read the OP, and noted that the original bolts were re-used. They must have been long enough.

Very nice step approach.'
:bigthumb:

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Brackets to facilitate the installation of steps and mud flaps on my 1025r

Retired Doc, I measured the thread length and came to the conclusion that with 3/4" of thread that I probably didn't need longer bolts. The inclinometer was an after thought as I had it on my 2503 and just couldn't find a place for it on the 1025r until I came up with this bracket.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts