Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone need one of these? Apparently my tractor doesn't want it :dunno:. Seriously though? I just completed my 50 hour service so it really doesn't have that much use on it. I do use the brake lock every I get off the tractor. Just one of those things...

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,242 Posts
Wow. Never seen that happen. Waaarrrrranty.

·
Premium Member
14,735 Posts
Wow. Never seen that happen. Waaarrrrranty.
Yep never seen that,, call dealer they will replace under warranty

·
Premium Member
12,253 Posts
Yep never seen that,, call dealer they will replace under warranty
Hopefully they will just give you the replacement part as it's only held on by a single screw. I can't see paying to transport the tractor or them sending a field service guy on-site for a $13 part.

·
Super Moderator
5,542 Posts
What a chincy setup that is!:thumbsdown:

·
Premium Member
12,253 Posts
What a chincy setup that is!:thumbsdown:
It’s a similar setup on many SCUTS, CUTS, and L&G tractors.

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sent an email to my sales rep already and no reply yet. I'll be following up with a phone call this morning. :director:

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Finally spoke with my sales rep this morning and says the new handle is in the mail today. Didn't even ask any questions about it. The picture I sent him was words enough.

·
Registered
4,417 Posts
Yep, it's not a very robust design. I noticed that from day 1 with my 1026R so I am really careful with it. But it only lifts a pawl underneath the tractor to engage the brake.

Gotta remember to step on the brake before engaging, and just to step on the brake again to disengage ... don't have to push that lever down, just let gravity do it. And if it gets sticky, a little lube the linkage/pawl pivot will remedy.

Just my 2 cents.

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
don't have to push that lever down, just let gravity do it. And if it gets sticky, a little lube the linkage/pawl pivot will remedy.
Now I'm going to look at everything. Mine does not move freely. It needs pulled up and pushed down.

·
Super Moderator
2,242 Posts
Now I'm going to look at everything. Mine does not move freely. It needs pulled up and pushed down.
Mine too. It moves freely but has enough drag that it acts like it wouldn't fall on its own if it were lubed up. I'll have to check it.

·
Registered
4,417 Posts
Mine too. It moves freely but has enough drag that it acts like it wouldn't fall on its own if it were lubed up. I'll have to check it.
After reading both your replies, I got to thinking (I know, that could be dangerous). I may have been confusing the "gravity drop" on the cruise control with the parking brake, but I know that the parking brake lock requires VERY LITTLE PRESSURE, if any to go down. I mean like a light touch to overcome friction.

I'm at work right now so I can't really check it.

Really sorry if I was mistaken, but I know it would never need anywhere near the amount of force that could snap the handle off.

Apologies to all.

·
Super Moderator
2,242 Posts
No prob Tom. You're right, my cruise drops easily by gravity. My brake will move but like I mentioned, not on its own. I wonder if there is an adjustment to it.

·
Registered
4,417 Posts
No prob Tom. You're right, my cruise drops easily by gravity. My brake will move but like I mentioned, not on its own. I wonder if there is an adjustment to it.
That's good question, and I don't know. But maybe a spritz of silicone or other lube on the friction areas would help.

BTW, my old Wheelhorse tractor that I mow with has it's parking brake lock "auto release" when I depress the brake pedal. That lever is pulled back by a spring. When that gets hard to move a little oil fixes it. The next time i'm under my tractor, maybe I'll see if a spring return is a possible upgrade if I can't get gravity to do it.

Just my 2 cents.

·
Super Moderator
2,242 Posts
My Craftsman brake releases with gravity but without spring assist. I like your idea of possibly adding one to the 1025.

I'm gonna try to remember to look before I put the deck on tonight and mow.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts