Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Greetings,

I've been reviewing threads for hydraulic oil heat warning problems and have seen very similar queries but not with a brand new tractor. I do not live close to a dealer so I am trying to figure it out.

My new 5065 now has 35 hours and around 23 hours the hydraulic oil hot warning light started up. I received the new tractor with backhoe and frontier root grapple attached. I did 12-15 hours of work with no heat light warning. After I took off the backhoe and switched to a bushhog, the light came one after a few hours of work. Since then, it's been coming on in 45 minutes unless I am just driving it or using the grapple lightly. I checked troubleshooting in the manual and the oil level was slightly low but I added more to fill and the light is still coming on. I have not checked any filters except to see no leaks. The oil looks new and perfectly clean -no bubbles- in the level glass.

I called my dealer to ask if I should have connected the two (male and female) lines after detaching the backhoe. He said yes but when I did that the rockshaft quit working entirely (plus I had to swap out the male hydraulic fittings as the two on the tractor would not mate because male was too long). So I unplugged them and replaced dust caps and left lines hanging. Then rockshaft worked perfectly. I told him what happened and he said it might not be the same with smaller models he deals with. The backhoe manual does not specify what to do with the lines in a 5000 series. Maybe that's something? Is there some other reason the rockshaft would instantly quit working when I plumbed them together?

Also, is it normal for the rockshaft to only work when the SVC control lever is engaged? When it is, it hisses. So I have to turn it on and off when I want to raise rockshaft. Seems odd.

Dealer said to check the air intake but I did it all looks clean. Everything is still lot-new looking inside except a little dust. It has done some heavy work already in these first hours but not much.

Another thing I have noticed is that the grapple hydraulics in the boom frame seem to be "hissing" when I'm not operating joy stick. sort of like the sound when you raise rockshaft into max height and hold. I don't know what could be causing this sound. When I move stick the sound stops. Maybe this has something to do with it? I've inspected lines and connections, everything looks spiffy clean and dry.

Please help I have a ton of work to do.

thanks

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
someone didn't set up the hydraulics correctly.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Hyd lines supplying BH with oil should be attached together when BH is removed on tractors with open center hyd's such as your 5065E. I don't understand why 3 pt hitch is inoperable with these BH lines are attached together.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Hyd lines supplying BH with oil should be attached together when BH is removed on tractors with open center hyd's such as your 5065E. I don't understand why 3 pt hitch is inoperable with these BH lines are attached together.
Thanks for the info. much obliged.

This is the pic of the back. These are short and hard to connect, but they do fit since I replaced the male with the male from the BH. But then I get no rockshaft.

Is it always the case with a 5065 that you have to activate the SVC to lift the rockshaft?

I will connect them again and see if I'm missing something. When I did it before it just stopped lifting, then started again after I disconnected these two.

IMG_4109.JPG IMG_4109.JPG

·
Administrator
18,767 Posts
I’d be bringing everything back to the desler ASAP. If you’ve been operating the machine for long periods with the lines disconnected, then you most likely have overheated the fluid, weakened the pressure relief valve, and possibly damaged the hydraulic pump. It should have been very clear, either from the manuals or walkthrough by the dealer that the power beyond lines must be connect at all times, either together or to the backhoe.

Plus, as John mentioned above, it sounds like they did not setup the PB lines correctly in the first place.

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
someone didn't set up the hydraulics correctly.
Agreed, dealer installed the power beyond WRONG!!!!!

Agreed

Greetings,

I've been reviewing threads for hydraulic oil heat warning problems and have seen very similar queries but not with a brand new tractor. I do not live close to a dealer so I am trying to figure it out.

My new 5065 now has 35 hours and around 23 hours the hydraulic oil hot warning light started up. I received the new tractor with backhoe and frontier root grapple attached. I did 12-15 hours of work with no heat light warning. After I took off the backhoe and switched to a bushhog, the light came one after a few hours of work. Since then, it's been coming on in 45 minutes unless I am just driving it or using the grapple lightly. I checked troubleshooting in the manual and the oil level was slightly low but I added more to fill and the light is still coming on. I have not checked any filters except to see no leaks. The oil looks new and perfectly clean -no bubbles- in the level glass.

I called my dealer to ask if I should have connected the two (male and female) lines after detaching the backhoe. He said yes but when I did that the rockshaft quit working entirely (plus I had to swap out the male hydraulic fittings as the two on the tractor would not mate because male was too long). So I unplugged them and replaced dust caps and left lines hanging. Then rockshaft worked perfectly. I told him what happened and he said it might not be the same with smaller models he deals with. The backhoe manual does not specify what to do with the lines in a 5000 series. Maybe that's something? Is there some other reason the rockshaft would instantly quit working when I plumbed them together?

Also, is it normal for the rockshaft to only work when the SVC control lever is engaged? When it is, it hisses. So I have to turn it on and off when I want to raise rockshaft. Seems odd.

Dealer said to check the air intake but I did it all looks clean. Everything is still lot-new looking inside except a little dust. It has done some heavy work already in these first hours but not much.

Another thing I have noticed is that the grapple hydraulics in the boom frame seem to be "hissing" when I'm not operating joy stick. sort of like the sound when you raise rockshaft into max height and hold. I don't know what could be causing this sound. When I move stick the sound stops. Maybe this has something to do with it? I've inspected lines and connections, everything looks spiffy clean and dry.

Please help I have a ton of work to do.

thanks
You must connect hose from power beyond when not in use. Sounds like it's installed wrong.
You should NOT have to operate a SCV to make rockshaft work.
I would have the dealer SEND a tech out to correct power beyond installation.
If YOU want to do the work your self, have the dealer send you the install instructions for the power beyond kit and check it was done right.

I’d be bringing everything back to the desler ASAP. If you’ve been operating the machine for long periods with the lines disconnected, then you most likely have overheated the fluid, weakened the pressure relief valve, and possibly damaged the hydraulic pump. It should have been very clear, either from the manuals or walkthrough by the dealer that the power beyond lines must be connect at all times, either together or to the backhoe.

Plus, as John mentioned above, it sounds like they did not setup the PB lines correctly in the first place.
Take it in, or have them pick it up (at NO charge), or send out a tech to fix it,

Reactions: johnH123

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Agreed, dealer installed the power beyond WRONG!!!!!

You must connect hose from power beyond when not in use. Sounds like it's installed wrong.
You should NOT have to operate a SCV to make rockshaft work.
I would have the dealer SEND a tech out to correct power beyond installation.
If YOU want to do the work your self, have the dealer send you the install instructions for the power beyond kit and check it was done right.

Thanks. I connected the power beyond lines and played with it a little more. Rockshaft still would not rise, still the same as the moment I took off the backhoe. I found that if I moved grapple joystick right or left the rockshaft finally raised, but only when I am moving joystick simultaneously with rockshaft lever in up position. the same was true for SVC function with a grader blade I hooked on. Talked with dealer who mentioned the switch that alternates hydraulic control between curl and grasp grapple functions should be in off position. So I left the switch off, but still the same result of only raising with right left joystick. I sent pictures to see if it is plumbed wrong or who knows. The dealer has been very responsive, I hope we get to the bottom of it quick!

Good news is the hot oil light did not come on, but then again I wasn't doing any work and only ran it for about 30 minutes.

Thank you for your helpful comments

·
Registered
12,763 Posts
Where would this be? At a line hookup in the PBY?

You might be onto something.
how far are from the dealer u bought it at?

if not far-me thinks it would be parked in his lot-tomorrow AM. and demand it fixed like it should be!:nunu: isn't it brand new-then its got a warranty to it. make them fix right like it should of been. or make them send out a field tech to work on it. :nunu:

just my 2cts worth of thoughts-ok

·
Registered
89 Posts
your tractor is much bigger than mine and probably has a more complicated hydraulic system than what i’ve seen. on our MCUT's, the PBY had to have a small plug put in it to divert the flow from the rock-shaft out hoses to the backhoe and then back to the rock-shaft. it’ll be interesting to know what you finally find out about it.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Hey everything you are describing indicates there is something that is very wrong with the hydraulics and it has been overheated. Your grapple hydraulics sound like they are running loaded when not even operating the joystick. Your rockshaft hydraulics are not working correctly because you should not have to operate the SCV lever. Due to the over-heating you should probably have the fluid changed. Not sure if they all do this, but my dealer sends a tech out to my farm to work on the tractor and I have never had to take it to the shop. If they don't do this, then since its a warranty repair they should definitely come and pick it up and return it at their expense.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts