Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ran it for about an hour today. Works great and even cuts in to dry hard sod. I won't use it for breaking much, but if I were going to, I would add just a bit of weight. Maybe 100 lbs split between front and rear. I looked at some smaller cheaper disks. And they were just that. They all had Smaller diameter disks, less disks, less weight and cheaper quality. I am fairly certain this is a TarterUsa built Disk.
image.jpg

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Very nice

Ran it for about an hour today. Works great and even cuts in to dry hard sod. I won't use it for breaking much, but if I were going to, I would add just a bit of weight. Maybe 100 lbs split between front and rear. I looked at some smaller cheaper disks. And they were just that. They all had Smaller diameter disks, less disks, less weight and cheaper quality. I am fairly certain this is a TarterUsa built Disk.
View attachment 176970
Nice, I'm envious but not sure I could pull it with the 790. It looks good though.

Treefarmer

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Very nice. I would like to get one soon. I'm looking at Every thing attachment now and the John Deere.

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice, I'm envious but not sure I could pull it with the 790. It looks good though.

Treefarmer
Do you have MFWD? I was pulling it in two wheel only. With my MFWD on it doesn't even make the engine work. This unit had less weight per disk than the next model down, the DH1176 but I wanted tighter disk spacing for better coverage for cutting lumps and stuff. If your at 30 HP and no front assist, I'd check out the DH1166. Then you could add a bit of weight to keep it on the ground if your disking at a higher speed.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've been pretty impressed with Tarter. Everything I've seen from box blade to cattle equipment seems to be really good quality. :good2:
Tarter is making quite a few Frontier pieces.

I have the official Original Manufacturer list for all Frontier products. I can't post it, but I can look up any model.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
All four

Do you have MFWD? I was pulling it in two wheel only. With my MFWD on it doesn't even make the engine work. This unit had less weight per disk than the next model down, the DH1176 but I wanted tighter disk spacing for better coverage for cutting lumps and stuff. If your at 30 HP and no front assist, I'd check out the DH1166. Then you could add a bit of weight to keep it on the ground if your disking at a higher speed.
I'm MFWD and I think 30 hp (gross engine). Maybe it would work well.

Thanks.

Treefarmer

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I have a question. Tarter makes Tractor Supply Company Disc, rotary cutters tillers are they the same as John Deere? I'm not sure. I looked at a TSC rotary cutter and bought a John Deere It was a more money but I though it was worth it.
But I got a Tiller at TSC that I though it look just like the JD with yellow paint.
TSC makes a Disc harrow heavy duty square tube. Would this compare to the JD?:dunno:

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have a question. Tarter makes Tractor Supply Company Disc, rotary cutters tillers are they the same as John Deere? I'm not sure. I looked at a TSC rotary cutter and bought a John Deere It was a more money but I though it was worth it.
But I got a Tiller at TSC that I though it look just like the JD with yellow paint.
TSC makes a Disc harrow heavy duty square tube. Would this compare to the JD?:dunno:
Ok so I had a look at my list. I was wrong about Tarter making the DH series. Its actually Monroe-Tufline who makes all smaller Frontier Disks, and Kello-Bilt all large Frontier Disks.

The Rotary Cutters are made by Tarter. The RT series Tillers, and the RC series Row-Crop Tillers are made by Maschio.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
And here is a shot with it rigged up. So far I've only used it with the gangs angled. Will try to some disking with them straight for a smoother finish later this week. It's been so dry and windy lately there's been no point trying to disk.

image.jpg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts