Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a craftsman for 15 years, finally stepped up and bought a new green with a bagger attachment but the thing has backfired 4 times in 3 hours of use. HELP

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,778 Posts
While running or turning it off?

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
If when shutting down are you throttling down to idle for a minute or two before shutting off or shutting off at full throttle?

·
Super Moderator
4,976 Posts
It's only a few months old and has a couple of hours use on it. Call your dealer and have them look at it. It's under warranty, you might as well make use of it.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
I just love you guys that ask questions and then no reply . My best guess is you need to pull the throttle off choke after it starts ? Is it , nevermind .
Give the OP time, if he really wants us to try and help he will return.

·
Super Moderator
5,495 Posts
:gtfam:

·
Super Moderator
5,495 Posts
OP, it's actually best to go into the Lawn and Garden forum and start a thread there!:)

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,778 Posts
Like mentioned earlier, if I don't let my D150 idle for 30 seconds or so, it will backfire when shut off.
Normal operating procedure with any of the Kohler engines I've had.

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
I wish they would just install solenoid actuated fuel shut off valves on all these small engines instead of just a few.
And I'm not fond of the designs that require shutting off at elevated rpm's either.

·
Premium Member
11,444 Posts
I wish they would just install solenoid actuated fuel shut off valves on all these small engines instead of just a few.
And I'm not fond of the designs that require shutting off at elevated rpm's either.
Oddly, the E130 does have a fuel shutoff solenoid on the carb and yet the manual still instructs to run at high throttle before shutting off.

[h=3]Stopping the Engine[/h]Do not stop the engine by moving choke control to the choke position. Backfire, fire or engine damage can occur. Follow recommended procedure for stopping engine.

1. Let engine run at high throttle without load for a few seconds.
  2. Turn key to STOP position. Engine will stop and headlights will turn off.
  3. Remove key.
  4. Lock the park brake.

·
Premium Member
11,444 Posts
Normal operating procedure with any of the Kohler engines I've had.
I believe the E-series uses B&S and the Operator's Manual instructs to run at "high throttle" prior to shutting off the engine.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts