Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Zero tractor experience...just bought 3046R w cab. Gave up motorcycles after 55 years to stay home and clean up 38 acres of hardwoods. First question...where should I mount my chain saw? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
Welcome from New York!

Many owners mount a chainsaw scabbard on or in their ballast box. Search around and you'll find several options.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
35,759 Posts
Zero tractor experience...just bought 3046R w cab. Gave up motorcycles after 55 years to stay home and clean up 38 acres of hardwoods. First question...where should I mount my chain saw? Thanks in advance!
Welcome to GTT and congratulation on your new tractor.
I'd mount the chain saw on the chipper once you get one. :munch:

·
Administrator
20,304 Posts
Jerry,
:wgtt:

·
Registered
4,240 Posts

Welcome from New York.

·
Premium Member
13,969 Posts
Welcome from Preston County, West Virginia

·
Super Moderator
7,889 Posts
:congrats::greentractorride::usa:good2:

:gtfam:

·
Super Moderator
5,463 Posts
:gtfam:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Do most of you use a ballast box? I get my tractor Friday, with water in the rear wheels. We didn't discuss it specifically but I inferred from the dealer that I might not need more ballast than that. Obviously it will depend on what I try to do with it...but I'm not that far along yet!

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
Do most of you use a ballast box? I get my tractor Friday, with water in the rear wheels. We didn't discuss it specifically but I inferred from the dealer that I might not need more ballast than that. Obviously it will depend on what I try to do with it...but I'm not that far along yet!
You do need ballast if you have a loader. See this thread for additional information on ballast and why you need it.

·
Administrator
17,135 Posts
Please read the manual that came with the loader, and ask your dealer to do the same:good2:

You do need ballast if you have a loader. See this thread for additional information on ballast and why you need it.

^^^^
THIS!

·
Registered
12,300 Posts
Welcome to GTT and congratulation on your new tractor.
I'd mount the chain saw on the chipper once you get one. :munch:
And wasting no time spending your money, good news is, there are many on here to help. :lol:

·
Registered
3,954 Posts
:wgtt:from the Mitten. :congrats:eek:n new ride. We like pics.

·
Premium Member
7,638 Posts

Welcome from Kentucky.

Do not put the chainsaw in the FEL bucket. You'll forget it is there and do something like pick up a load of rocks...:banghead:

Besides, shortly you'll have a grapple on the front.

Definitely read the thread on Ballast and your owners manual. If not used properly, tractors can fall over as easy as a bike.

Lots of good stuff in the LCUT section.

Looking forward to seeing some pictures of your projects.

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,189 Posts

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Welcome from central Ohio and congratulations :wgtt:

·
Registered
553 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yes I read the manual section on ballast and wondered if only water in the tires would be adequate. I'll find out how many gallons they used so I can factor the added weight into my ballast calculations. Thanks!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts