Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Funny, I've noticed a lot of discussion around "Break In Oil". Also a lot of various comments on how many hours until the first change. I have to assume there are different information in different manuals for the same machine, which does not make sense at all.

I've been through my manual several times. There is absolutely no reference to a special break in oil anywhere. Also, it clearly says to change engine oil, tranny oil, and filters at 50 hours.

I wonder why Deere does this??? :unknown::unknown:

·
Administrator
20,906 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,916 Posts
Funny, I've noticed a lot of discussion around "Break In Oil". Also a lot of various comments on how many hours until the first change. I have to assume there are different information in different manuals for the same machine, which does not make sense at all.

I've been through my manual several times. There is absolutely no reference to a special break in oil anywhere. Also, it clearly says to change engine oil, tranny oil, and filters at 50 hours.

I wonder why Deere does this??? :unknown::unknown:
Agree no mention of break in oil..
At top of page 33 Service Intervals
After First 50 Hours

Change transmission oil and filter
Clean transmission suction screen

Every 50 hours

Check tire air pressure
clean and check battery
check front axle oil level
lubricate machine

No mention of a 100 hr service

Every 200 hours

Change engine oil and filter.
Change transmission oil and filter
plus 4 more items

Just wondering would Canada and US manuals be printed differenty
Agree none of this is making any sense.

·
Super Moderator
5,589 Posts
Break In Oil?? 50 Hours??
That's when I changed mine to regular oil. Next change coming up at a bit over 100 hours,I'm going with JD synthetic.
I was told by dealer,that if your machine wasn't babied for the first 50,then running another 50 on break in was not necessary. I think JD is "covering all the bases" having the change at the 100 hour mark.

Greg

·
Premium Member
2,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have you read this thread? First oil change for a 1026r

It shows the tech manual stating the break-in oil requirements. I can't explain the owners manual discrepency. Have you asked your dealer what they recomend?
Thanks Diesel, I think I would like a technical manual. I buy one for every vehicle I buy so why not my Deere?

So I rechecked my manual. It is labeled as North American Version so it would be the same in Canada as in US. But it only identifies the tranny to change oile and filter but the engine at 200 hours. I think I'll take your advice and ask my dealer I don't mind changing the oil at 50 hours even if it doesn't need it until 200 unless that break in oil has to stay in there longer.

I'm at about 47 hours and getting ready to mow several acres of pasture for my neighbour so I would like to get the fresh fluids in there before I start. I'm guessing it is about 10 acres to mow.

Thanks, oh and the 1026 honeymoon is not over yet, I still love to climb into her seat and ride.

·
Administrator
20,906 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,916 Posts
I think most of us agree we will change the oil and filter at 50 hrs when doing the transmission fluid and filter.
It is a shame for the size of JD they cannot get their manuals to agree . Whether it is tractor and loader , or tractor and mower, any of there other attachments .
Then when you add the tech manuals in ,none to very few of them agree with our manuals.
What gives is there no quality control concerning their manuals.
We all agree they make a good piece of machine or we wouldn't be owners of their products. Then when we ask our dealers we all get different answers..

·
Registered
440 Posts
I think most of us agree we will change the oil and filter at 50 hrs when doing the transmission fluid and filter.
It is a shame for the size of JD they cannot get their manuals to agree . Whether it is tractor and loader , or tractor and mower, any of there other attachments .
Then when you add the tech manuals in ,none to very few of them agree with our manuals.
What gives is there no quality control concerning their manuals.
We all agree they make a good piece of machine or we wouldn't be owners of their products. Then when we ask our dealers we all get different answers..
Agreed. For instance my manual is for the model with the LARGE JD icon in the dash panel. I believe that's a 2011 1026R. Mine was manufactured in March of this year. :brow:

·
Premium Member
14,916 Posts
Dealer left the factory built papers in with the Operators manual Mine made Jan 17, 2012 ,it will be easy for me to remember my birthday is Jan 16th.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts