Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I broke the hydraulic locking lever on our 4430. (The lever that locks the hydraulic hose into the servo). Have the part ordered but in the parts manual it shows the housing having an access from the top and ours is solid. I haven't been able to get the top half of the lever out. ours is an earlier model so I'm imagining the break down in the manual is of a later model? Does anyone have any experience and help to offer?

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
I've never seen a factory breakaway coupler on a 4430 that didn't have a expansion plug(key 8) that one could drive a center punch into to remove to expose end of shaft to remove circlip. I not only sold ""new 4430's"" but served as a JD dealer service manager for over 13 yrs. Can you post a photo of your breakaway coupler?

Attachments

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
11,779 Posts
As TxJim stated, use a center-punch to remove the expansion plug(26). Punch a hole, slightly off-center of the expansion plug. You will then gain access to the E-clip(25) and spring(24) that retain the lever(29). You will have to install a new expansion plug after lever replacement.

71Z7VREV-tL._SL1500_.jpg
RP1455_________UN01JAN94.gif

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Found it.

There was so much dust and dirt on top I couldn't see the hole. The only problem I had was getting the e-clip back on.

·
Registered
4,439 Posts

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
11,779 Posts
There was so much dust and dirt on top I couldn't see the hole. The only problem I had was getting the e-clip back on.
Those things are a b*****h to get on and off....
Before they came out with the E-clip installation tool with the bent end, I bent one of mine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts