Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Even though I was hesitant to anger the weather gods, I decided that the weather this weekend was just too perfect to not get out there and try out my new forks...

So I removed the plow and tore down an old chicken coop that was in the way of our new garden.

IMG_20150314_140703.jpg IMG_20150314_132914.jpg IMG_20150314_153055.jpg

As it turns out the forks are fantastic for demolishing buildings!

·
Registered
4,413 Posts
Nice post, pics and video. :thumbup1gif:

Just please make sure you watch your puppy dog when you're running the tractor. You have to be careful with pets and people around you when operating. Accidents can happen very quickly.

But it looks like you're have a blast, thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Looks like they did a great job. Thanks for posting.

·
GTT Vendor
1,534 Posts
Great job on the video, Mr. P. It looked almost like you could have just picked the whole shed up and moved it away to burn intact. That Heavy Hitch looks like a great addition too.

Funny, whenever I watch 2x speed videos, I always anticipate an appearance from the little bald guy from the Benny Hill show. :laugh:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just please make sure you watch your puppy dog when you're running the tractor. You have to be careful with pets and people around you when operating. Accidents can happen very quickly.
Thanks, Mrs. Penguin had him on a leash for the really dangerous stuff. Most of the video is at 4x or 8x speed - the actual work was done in Low range! Safety first!

Great job on the video, Mr. P. It looked almost like you could have just picked the whole shed up and moved it away to burn intact. That Heavy Hitch looks like a great addition too.

Funny, whenever I watch 2x speed videos, I always anticipate an appearance from the little bald guy from the Benny Hill show. :laugh:
It's not in the video but I did end up dragging the shed about 25 feet away from it's original position. Couldn't quite lift the whole thing, but dragging it with the forks wasn't too terrible. I didn't want to burn it completely intact because I have an aversion to burning shingles. So the main goal was to remove the roof so that we could take the shingles off before burning. After that, just tearing down the whole thing seemed like more fun!

Great job on the product! Great engineering and build quality. I have only had them for a week, but they are already the most useful attachment I own! I continue to be impressed by the quality of attachments put out by the small businesses I discovered on this forum. The Heavy Hitch is another great example.

Keep up the good work - I anticipate a few of your adapters in my future!

·
Registered
22,730 Posts
Awesome! Thanks for the pics and video.

I have the same setup which I haven't been able to use yet - new Artillian forks and Heavy Hitch w/9 weights for ballast. Can't wait to put them to use!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Should have hesitated a little more. The weather gods are angry!

2015-03-23 10.14.31.jpg

Still love the forks though.

·
Premium Member
3,964 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts