Green Tractor Talk banner
21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Hey Sulleybear - after looking at the pics you posted, it doesn't appear that you turned the wheels around. I thought that was giving us an additional 1" or so of extension. Just curious! Nice job though.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Man I hit the search feature and Sully has once again made my research easy. I almost flipped my 1025r last week with a FEL full of dirt and it got my attention real fast. I’m planning to contact Bro-Tec this week after reading your post.

Thanks for the post. This should help me keep my tires on the ground where they belong (along with some wheel weights)

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
Man I hit the search feature and Sully has once again made my research easy. I almost flipped my 1025r last week with a FEL full of dirt and it got my attention real fast. I’m planning to contact Bro-Tec this week after reading your post.

Thanks for the post. This should help me keep my tires on the ground where they belong (along with some wheel weights)
Things can happen in a heartbeat so it pays to be overly cautious when working with power tools of all kinds especially BIG ONES:greentractorride:

·
Premium Member
1,746 Posts

Can you tell us what you were doing that almost had you flipped over?

·
Premium Member
4,096 Posts
I think it might have had something to do with being up and turning? I know I almost tipped my 4044M over just driving into a hole going backwards! Just moving snow near a side road! Lucky I dumped all hydraulics fast as I felt it tipping over. My rear blade and skid plates saved my butt! 100_3006.JPG 100_3008.JPG It took a Case Loader/Back Hoe using his back hoe chained to my Loader Frame we walked it out swinging his boom and pulling the tractor to the side to level it. Yes that is air under the front tire. PS I have spacers front and rear plus all four tires filled and still was going over. They tip easy when things go South!

·
Premium Member
1,746 Posts
I think it might have had something to do with being up and turning? I know I almost tipped my 4044M over just driving into a hole going backwards! Just moving snow near a side road! Lucky I dumped all hydraulics fast as I felt it tipping over. My rear blade and skid plates saved my butt! View attachment 714102 View attachment 714104 It took a Case Loader/Back Hoe using his back hoe chained to my Loader Frame we walked it out swinging his boom and pulling the tractor to the side to level it. Yes that is air under the front tire. PS I have spacers front and rear plus all four tires filled and still was going over. They tip easy when things go South!
Glad you kept your head and slammed the blade down. I had a 30 yard dumpster chained on to my 6000lb Skytrak forklift on a jobsite one time amd I had been telling my boss that morning I needed a 8000lb forklift for the weights I was dealing with and I needed a longer boom. As I was headed down past the bosses trailer and was making the turn into the parking lot the chain slid and the forklift went up on its left tires and the right side was about 4 ft off the ground. Only thing keeping me from going the rest of the way over, was the chain that had slid. Luckily my boss came out when I said I needed some help and went back inside and had a bigger fork ordered. The dirt boys came over with their big loader and put his bucket on my tire and forced me back level. From there I was good to go. The bracket broke on the dumpster I had the chain through. We ordered a big steel cable with 2 rings on it so I could hook it on the dumpster like the trucks did. No more near misses!

Glad it all worked out for you... Minus the new underwear you had to go put on?! :lolol::lolol:

Take care!
WB

·
Registered
30 Posts
My new (2019) 2025R is my first tractor . I got it to keep the gravel driveway (170 yds) up and to move mulch around . I live on 6 acres in Charlotte area. I have been mowing since 1997 about 4 acres with a JD 455 lawn/garden tractor with a 60 inch mower deck. .The 2025R came with loaded tires (Bio ballast) on the rear and I added FEL and box scrape, 60 in MMM. The salesman talked to me so much about the flipping the tractor that I was really cautious with it . I added a steel tube ,concrete filled 6x6 x48" to the box scrape and still get spooked. Now when I mow with the JD455 , I think there is no way I could ever mow this lawn with the 2025R. I never even thought about flipping the 455 , but now when i mow on these slopes I think no way could I do this with the 2025R. That's ok , I didnt buy the tractor to mow with. I just ordered the bro-tek 2 in spacers and Richard said they would fit . By my measurementssay they will just barely fit , with the right rear wheel on the 60 in MMM being the issue. I am thinking about taking the wheel off and just filing/grinding it down 1//4 to 1/2 . I only have 16 hours on the 2025 , but am hoping the 2 in spacers will boost my confidence enough to enjoy the tractor more.

·
Super Moderator
3,587 Posts
By my measurementssay they will just barely fit , with the right rear wheel on the 60 in MMM being the issue. I am thinking about taking the wheel off and just filing/grinding it down 1//4 to 1/2
Don't do anything until the spacers are installed. They should fit and I don't recall anyone ever saying they had to make modifications.

·
Registered
218 Posts
My new (2019) 2025R is my first tractor . I got it to keep the gravel driveway (170 yds) up and to move mulch around . I live on 6 acres in Charlotte area. I have been mowing since 1997 about 4 acres with a JD 455 lawn/garden tractor with a 60 inch mower deck. .The 2025R came with loaded tires (Bio ballast) on the rear and I added FEL and box scrape, 60 in MMM. The salesman talked to me so much about the flipping the tractor that I was really cautious with it . I added a steel tube ,concrete filled 6x6 x48" to the box scrape and still get spooked. Now when I mow with the JD455 , I think there is no way I could ever mow this lawn with the 2025R. I never even thought about flipping the 455 , but now when i mow on these slopes I think no way could I do this with the 2025R. That's ok , I didnt buy the tractor to mow with. I just ordered the bro-tek 2 in spacers and Richard said they would fit . By my measurementssay they will just barely fit , with the right rear wheel on the 60 in MMM being the issue. I am thinking about taking the wheel off and just filing/grinding it down 1//4 to 1/2 . I only have 16 hours on the 2025 , but am hoping the 2 in spacers will boost my confidence enough to enjoy the tractor more.
if Richard says that they will fit you can trust him he won't steer you wrong

·
Registered
46 Posts
Can these cause any damages or strains to the tractor hubs and axles or cause premature wear? I always had this understanding or impression that adding wheel spacers to vehicles caused un even tire wear and creates additional stresses on the hubs and axles.

·
Premium Member
5,458 Posts
I doubt a tractor that does 15 mph will be affected.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Can these cause any damages or strains to the tractor hubs and axles or cause premature wear? I always had this understanding or impression that adding wheel spacers to vehicles caused un even tire wear and creates additional stresses on the hubs and axles.
also as long as you don't go crazy with the spacers shouldn't have any trouble.
I had my dealership install them and they didn't say a word about them

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
Think leverage. When you can't get the nut loose you go get a breaker bar. Tf that doesn't work you slide a piece of pipe over the breaker bar for more leverage and it WILL come loose. Same principle with axle spacers you create more leverage so a smaller amount of force is magnified possible increasing the amount beyond the design limitations engineered into the vehicle drive system and something will break. Now you understand the principles involved you can safely use spacers compensating for the extra length with modified driving practices.

·
Registered
629 Posts
I just did the 200 hr service on my 2018 TLB. I decided to upgrade from r4 to Versa turf (radial r3). I never had the r4’s filled, but always run with ballast of some kind when running the loader. I think the tire diameter is larger on these, A) it’s close to the deck. B) it’s very different from a ‘tippy’ perspective. I have 5 yards to topsoil, moved about half with the r4’s (unloaded tires, loader, backhoe, no MMM) and had the usual feel. I moved the second half with the Versa-turf and I had a number of ‘pucker’ moments. I think I’ll call bro-tek and discuss clearance with the MMM with these tires and see if the spacers will work. If not, I’ll try loading them, all else fails, I’ll post the Versa-turf on CL and go back to the r4’s. I know that TTWT runs Versa-turfs, I think BOBL does too on his 1023e. Anybody else have luck with radial r3 and spacers?

·
Premium Member
12,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
I just did the 200 hr service on my 2018 TLB. I decided to upgrade from r4 to Versa turf (radial r3). I never had the r4’s filled, but always run with ballast of some kind when running the loader. I think the tire diameter is larger on these, A) it’s close to the deck. B) it’s very different from a ‘tippy’ perspective. I have 5 yards to topsoil, moved about half with the r4’s (unloaded tires, loader, backhoe, no MMM) and had the usual feel. I moved the second half with the Versa-turf and I had a number of ‘pucker’ moments. I think I’ll call bro-tek and discuss clearance with the MMM with these tires and see if the spacers will work. If not, I’ll try loading them, all else fails, I’ll post the Versa-turf on CL and go back to the r4’s. I know that TTWT runs Versa-turfs, I think BOBL does too on his 1023e. Anybody else have luck with radial r3 and spacers?
What about the Versa Turf's do you think gave you the "pucker: feelings? Is it a softer sidewall on the tire? Or was it a traction issue?

I have been moving a lot of crushed aggregate with my tractor this past week or so and much of it is on a hill which is fairly steep. I have made sure to run slowly, with the bucket inches from the road bed and in the steepest part of the hill, I am using the bucket to compress the material as I am moving it down the hill.

I have been surprised I could back up this hill with the bucket loaded without any traction issues. After I made the first dozen trips, straight up and down this hill, I was surprised to see I had failed to put the tractor in 4wd. I made sure to keep it in 4wd after that.

I also made the mistake of starting down the hill in High range, after having run down the road to get to the project site. The machine was picking up speed until I drug the bucket bottom to compress the previous material.

I do know the Bro Tek spacers dramatically changed the stability of my machine in a way I really appreciate.

Reactions: wentonbrown

·
Registered
283 Posts
Thank you Sullybear for the great posts.

·
Registered
629 Posts
What about the Versa Turf's do you think gave you the "pucker: feelings? Is it a softer sidewall on the tire? Or was it a traction issue?
The traction of the Versa-turf is far superior to the r4’s. I hadn’t considered sidewalk strength, but that could be a factor. I was originally thinking that the COG of the tractor was higher, but that may be wrong, or negligible.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
I run loaded versa turfs and 1” spacers on the 2305, everything thing runs well and I like additional traction over turfs....with spacers tractor more stable for sure but one must always use caution, go slow keep load low and I never use bucket with out rear ballast.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Yup, I have been using the Tractor for 200 hours with either the BH or 500 lbs titan BB on the imatch. Load is always low.
Again, this is a direct compare of R4 to Versa-turf.
What is interesting is that you have spacers, do you have a MMM on your 2305?

21 - 40 of 55 Posts