Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m new here so I hope this is posted in the right category.

I’ve been looking for a spreader for sand/fertilizer for my 1025R tractor for a while but didn’t want to buy a new one for a rarely-used implement. After keeping an eye on Kijiji for quite some time I found this, and got it for $170! It needs some TLC for sure but for the price I think I made out like a bandit 😁
Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Car

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Run a load of dry play sand thru it to start on the interior and spinner rust, sand and re-spray the rest this winter, checkout/change the gearbox oil, and you'll be ready for fertilizer in the spring.
I’m going to take it to work (I’m a heavy equipment mechanic) and strip the whole thing down inside and out, new paint and probably new bearings as well as a new PTO shaft. Can’t wait to try it out.

·
Registered
947 Posts
nice find.

i always give mine a deep cleaning with the pressure washer after each use, then, I “paint” it with fluid film. after 5 years of use, 3-4 times per year, it pretty much looks like new.

I also gave the splines on the pto shaft a healthy coat of grease.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.