Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I was wondering if anyone had their air filter bracket break into? I have searched and noticed many with the loose mounting nuts of the bracket. The warranty was done in March and with 270 hrs I took a chance on them replacing it. Oh happy day! They are going to get me a new one under warranty, they said they have had quite a few broken and most didn't last two years the were brought back. Also I was told the new one will be upgraded and a bit more beefier

Attachments

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
I have had mine come loose. They shake like a son of gun up there, thanks for telling us about the updated design.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Same thing happen to me. New on is twice as thick but, I still did not put it on.
I think the new one will crack the valve cover if i use it.
It has been 6 month (30 hours) without a bracket.

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,265 Posts
The 2210 had a similar design. I never cared for it but didn't have any trouble with it. I like the design on my 1026 better. Rock solid. Takes a wrench to take it off but don't have to take it off to change filters. Did have to take it off when I laid the tractor down. 2 bolts and it's off.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here is the difference between the old and new brackets. Got it on and thought I better take a pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Do you happen to have the part # of the new heavier bracket? I might replace mine before it decides to break. Thanks!

·
Registered
4,255 Posts
Air Cleaner
CartkeyPART NO.PART NAMEQTY SERIAL NO.REMARKS
1LVA14300Air Cleaner1INCLUDES AT180680
AT180680Latch2
2M131803Filter Element1Air Cleaner Safety
3M131802Filter Element1Air Cleaner Primary
4AM126680Bowl1Air Filter Canister
5AM108172Drain Valve1Drain (Vacuum Valve)
LVU29618
Bracket
SUB FOR LVU27707
714M7396Lock Nut3M8
8LVU26407Hose1Inlet 1025R
9AR40418Hose Clamp3Hose
CartkeyPART NO.PART NAMEQTY SERIAL NO.REMARKS
10LVU26408Hose1Filter To Engine 1025R
11LVA16535Strap1Rubber
12R217664Elbow Fitting1Optional
13AT25983Air Restriction Indicator1Optional
14M88198Label1

·
Registered
61 Posts
Rubber Strap

I had my rubber strap (item #11) break last year in October and bought my tractor in JUNE 2016. No damage to bracket as of yet. Covered under warranty.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Both the bracket and rubber strap were just replaced on mine under warranty.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I'm not happy with the new bracket. The tractor was idling the other day and I heard this distinctive rattle under the hood. My first thought was the three nuts came loose that holds the bracket on. Not the case. It was the air cannister rattling even with the rubber strap on it. It seams to be holding the cannister down on the back side and lifting it on the front. And at a certain RPM. It rattles. I tried to adj. the clamps on the hoses attached to the cannister but to no avail! I tried some foam tape on the bracket but still no good. Either the strap is not holding the cannister down on the bracket tight enough, or the bracket sits a bit different than the old one. :-(

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Well I'm not happy with the new bracket. The tractor was idling the other day and I heard this distinctive rattle under the hood. My first thought was the three nuts came loose that holds the bracket on. Not the case. It was the air cannister rattling even with the rubber strap on it. It seams to be holding the cannister down on the back side and lifting it on the front. And at a certain RPM. It rattles. I tried to adj. the clamps on the hoses attached to the cannister but to no avail! I tried some foam tape on the bracket but still no good. Either the strap is not holding the cannister down on the bracket tight enough, or the bracket sits a bit different than the old one. :-(
I'm sorry to hear you're not happy with that new bracket, it definitely looks stronger, does it seem like it's not aligned very well with the air box?

I have to say, I understand the use of the rubber engine isolators to reduce the vibration felt by the operator, but I don't think they do these machines any good. The engine in my 1025 shakes like a old washing machine, and when I shut it down it just about lurches out of the engine compartment. Other diesel tractors I have owned or operated with the rigid mounted engines don't shake like that, and especially didn't shake the intake and exhaust to pieces.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Broken Air Filter Bracket 1025r (part number LVU29618)

This part also broke on my 1025r (2016 model). The attached photo shows that the bracket split at the attachment point. When I showed the photos to the service rep at the dealership he explained it is covered under warranty, but wanted to look at the tractor in the shop to see if there is any evidence of cause. They picked it up yesterday, so nothing conclusive yet. The break occurred with somewhere around 86-88 hours on the unit.

Bracket1.JPG

Bracket2.JPG

·
Registered
913 Posts
I had the heavy style bracket that my tractor came with crack apart at about 175 hours and 14 months. The rubber strap went about 50 hours before that and I'd been using a rubber bungee to replace it.

Dealer said one year warranty was expired. The bracket was about $55 and the rubber strap about $20.

Just another example of poor customer service from my local dealer. But they are the only source in town and know it.

Right now I'm dealing with a wheel bearing failure on a new arena groomer purchased from the same dealer for $2450. Its axle bearing support cracked apart at 2 weeks and 7 uses. Getting a run around with dealer and manufacturer saying the other is responsible.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
My bracket came loose too. I snugged it down after hearing the rattle but never found the missing strap. Dealer gave me a new strap and I've been ok since. Mines a 2016.

·
Registered
113 Posts
My rubber strap broke at approximately 150 hours. I have 210 approximately on it now.
I left the strap off and started and stopped the engine with the hood open. The canister is held very firmly in place by the heavy hoses. I checked to see if it was contacting the hood. No problems that I can see.

The major outcome of this is the tractor is much quieter and smoother sounding. I left it off.

·
Registered
63 Posts
My bracket broke today at 143 hours. I havent looked for the strap yet. My tractr is a 2016 1025r TLB.

Now i know why people refered to as the notorious air filter bracket.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
I just had mine updated to the 2018 version, under warranty, last week after the rubber strap broke. If you're in warranty, I'd strongly recommend you implement this remedy (even if you have to manually loose the rubber strap). I emailed my service manager the bulletin number and the bill of materials. He ordered all the parts and emailed me back upon arrival. I did have to bring the tractor in so they could install the update. If he just handed me the parts, I would have to pay for them. I just waited while they installed them. 30 to 45 minutes from start to finish.

See this thread for photos, bulletin number, and bill of materials:

https://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/sub-compact-utility-tractors-scut/177300-replacement-air-filter-setup-1025r-post-install-feedback-video.html

The air filter elements are different between the old style air cleaner, that mounts on top of the engine, and the new style that mounts to the radiator core support. I keep filters on-hand. I brought the air filter I had on-hand, in the un-opened box, and they gave me full credit for it towards the new style replacement, also. No re-stocking fees and they were very accommodating. I thought that was awfully nice of them.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I just had mine updated to the 2018 version, under warranty, last week after the rubber strap broke. If you're in warranty, I'd strongly recommend you implement this remedy (even if you have to manually loose the rubber strap). I emailed my service manager the bulletin number and the bill of materials. He ordered all the parts and emailed me back upon arrival. I did have to bring the tractor in so they could install the update. If he just handed me the parts, I would have to pay for them. I just waited while they installed them. 30 to 45 minutes from start to finish.

See this thread for photos, bulletin number, and bill of materials:

https://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/sub-compact-utility-tractors-scut/177300-replacement-air-filter-setup-1025r-post-install-feedback-video.html

The air filter elements are different between the old style air cleaner, that mounts on top of the engine, and the new style that mounts to the radiator core support. I keep filters on-hand. I brought the air filter I had on-hand, in the un-opened box, and they gave me full credit for it towards the new style replacement, also. No re-stocking fees and they were very accommodating. I thought that was awfully nice of them.
Tractor is in shop now and they are looking for a bullitin #. Would you happen to have that info? I didn't see it in the thread you referenced

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Tractor is in shop now and they are looking for a bullitin #. Would you happen to have that info? I didn't see it in the thread you referenced
The John Deere solution number is 113718.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts