Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My MX6 with approximately 20hrs on it broke this bolt today.

Anyone else had this problem? My son, with his young eyes found the bushing, later I found half of the bolt when blowing off the hog. The bush hog has been jumping when going over hilly terrain since new. Like something was binding and then releasing. I greased the bushings top and bottom bolt. It seemed to help the jumping. I set the cutting height and leveled the skids. I then took out the slack per instructions, on the third arm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
220 Posts
Not enough flex between the tractor and the cutter, and not enough lift on the arms, from the operator in between hills..
Something had to give. Luckily is was just a bolt.

This is why many folks use a chain for a third arm on uneven ground. This allows the cutter to follow the ground and not be so ridged between the two.

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
My MX6 with approximately 20hrs on it broke this bolt today.

Anyone else had this problem? My son, with his young eyes found the bushing, later I found half of the bolt when blowing off the hog. The bush hog has been jumping when going over hilly terrain since new. Like something was binding and then releasing. I greased the bushings top and bottom bolt. It seemed to help the jumping. I set the cutting height and leveled the skids. I then took out the slack per instructions, on the third arm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ive broke that bolt 2 or 3 times on my mx6. Usually from mowing down into ditches and up the other side. If I get a little carried away, it snaps the bolt. It was good to lube that pivot...that will make it operate smoother.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
I don't own your mower...but

I have Hilly terrain ...mower can get in a bind.

I always have to lift/lower 3 point..

My Solution....

Ditch the top link Completely

This has worked fantastic

No top link no problem..even with the old 8n yesterday.

Now if you need to lift for road travel..this may not be your answer.

·
Premium Member
7,504 Posts
Go top linkless! Only connect to transport.

·
Premium Member
7,504 Posts
Correct terminology for no center link attached on 3 pt hitch is "semi integral":flag_of_truce:
Bush Hog says "semi mounted"

1 - 7 of 7 Posts