Green Tractor Talk banner

Broken bucket tilt cylinder rod on H130 loader/2025R

8K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  ctrider 
#1 ·
Well, the day was going pretty good until I snapped the rod on half on my bucket tilt cylinder. Not sure if the extreme cold played a part in it, but it really doesn’t matter now. It’s an H130 loader and I’m trying to figure out how the rod guide (#9) comes out of the barrel (#2). I popped out the snap ring #16, assuming it was covering something like the holes to use a spanner to unscrew the guide from the barrel. Can’t see anything...
Wondering if anyone might know the secret here, so I can just replace the rod. Any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

See less See more
#4 ·
If you are not familiar with rebuilding cylinders I recommend you take it to the dealer or a hydraulic shop. If you are replacing the rod you might as well put a seal kit in as well.

Reactions: rtgt
#7 ·
Have to head to the dentist but I clicked on the video and see a few more I need to watch. It will be a good way to relax later.:good2:

#8 ·
Just wanted to say thanks again for the link to the video. I rebuilt many cylinders through the years, but never one this small of from a John Deere. Pretty slick how the small plastic ring you get in the seal kit works to remove the rod guide. I know everyone likes pics so here’s a couple. Now all I have to do is throw it on and learn from my $300 “learning experience”. [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#13 ·
Reminds me of the time this happened to my 270B Backhoe.......

Green Vehicle Auto part Tire Automotive tire

Pipe Plumbing Gas Machine Gasoline

#10 ·
I was going to go through some of my old training materials on failure analysis and see if I could figure out why but then I decided to just chalk it up to my bad luck.
I’ve got about 340 hours on my tractor in 1 1/2 years and this is the first thing I’ve broken like this.
I’m thinking - 16 and heavy loader use probably wasn’t the best thing I could do that day. It’s not like I HAD to do it, my choice. Next time I’ll be more careful during this cold weather.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#12 ·
You are not kidding, it is no wonder there are so many reports of leak down...

#15 ·
Hmmm, never thought of that since the H130 is well out of warranty. I’ll send a couple of pics to my dealers service manager as an FYI and see what he has to say. Thanks for the idea...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#16 ·
Well I managed to spend some money today at the dealer. I was simply loading the bucket with firewood, and dumping it into the back of my Dads dually and I heard a bang and a stick of firewood went flying. Dump/curl stopped working and this is what I found. I'm thinking that stick of firewood got caught under the cylinder rod when it was fully dumped and snapped it when I went to curl. I'm not really sure what happened, I was amazed how easily/quickly it happened. Ah well, just doing my share for the economy.

#17 ·
Holy cow ct! Something not right there!:unknown: From the 2 pics, it looks like a clean break. You were just curling when this happened?:banghead:

#19 · (Edited)
I had just put it in full dump position and was backing up and just started to curl it back up. It was hard to see what happened because the loader was at maximum height. They only thing I can figure is the piece of wood was stuck under the rod of the cylinder and when it is fully extended like that it is the most vulnerable. I don't really know, but there is a slight mark on the barrel of the rod from something.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.