Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after having my FEL assembled for about a month I finally got to take it out for the 2nd time and do some work. When I parked it I noticed the auto connect hydraulic line got pulled off by some brush that got caught under the tractor.

The hose was dangling / dragging and some of the rubberized protective cover was abraded. I need to look again, but is there any easy fix for this (can it be taped up for protection and zip tied to be held in place? I looked on JD parts but could not see how the hose was routed.

Hopefully this isn't as bad as I am thinking

I will try and post some pictures later today when I go back out to assess the damage further.

·
Administrator
18,350 Posts
As long as the steel wires are still intact, then the hose is still serviceable. Tape it up well and secure the hose-someone else will have to help with specific routing though.

Reactions: pcabe5 and davisj4

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,875 Posts
What tractor do you have davisj4?

·
Registered
255 Posts
I have only done a few of the hydraulic lifts, but it should be routed from the lift piston on the left of the tractor, under the seat and follow the hard lines to the front ports. The kit comes with four rubber coated clamps that get attached, 2 under the seat and two attached to the hard lines. I attached the instructions for the lines, hope it helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
As long as the steel wires are still intact, then the hose is still serviceable. Tape it up well and secure the hose-someone else will have to help with specific routing though.
Yep.

If you see steel braids coming apart...replace it immediately.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The braids are all in tack, but when I plug the the line back in the mower deck attachment is not moving up or down. On JD parts right now to try to figure out how to take the side fender off to get a better look and some photos.

I have a feeling this is not going to be good :hide::banghead:

·
Administrator
20,917 Posts
If you take the floor and lower panel under the seat off, it'll give you all the access you'll need. Removal is straightforward. :good2:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks like everything is Still attached but there is a ton of tension in the line and the loops got pulled out. Not sure why it's not moving the deck lift

Attachments

·
Administrator
20,917 Posts
I would look at the QD. Make sure it's fully seated after insuring it wasn't damaged during the incident.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Are you referring to the hydraulics quick disconnect? It looks like the bend in the elbow straightened but that's about it. It fully clicked into place. They hydraulics do seem to pulse rather than flow. I think the line might be pinched?

·
Administrator
20,917 Posts
Yes. If you've bent the fittings, it's very possible it's not fully seated or the male connector is damaged. Hoses are fairly cheap. A local hydraulic shop should be able to get you a new hose assembly and male QD easily and fairly inexpensively.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts