Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went to finally fix my broken parking break today and realized it was more broken then I thought

IMG_20180825_163513.jpg

I tried to use JD parts but I am not seeing how things are attaching

I was referencing Brake Pedal and Linkage - ST745819, Park Lock W/ Cruise Control, Domestic - ST821626, and Park Lock - ST745827 but am not certain how everything goes together

I tried to get the JD parts images but could not get them to copy and my computer was not showing them large enough to copy and paste into another program.

Thoughts?

·
Administrator
20,678 Posts
Is this what you are looking for?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,118 Posts
Here are pictures from the tech manual.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,118 Posts
So I went to finally fix my broken parking break today and realized it was more broken then I thought

I tried to use JD parts but I am not seeing how things are attaching

I was referencing Brake Pedal and Linkage - ST745819, Park Lock W/ Cruise Control, Domestic - ST821626, and Park Lock - ST745827 but am not certain how everything goes together

I tried to get the JD parts images but could not get them to copy and my computer was not showing them large enough to copy and paste into another program.

Thoughts?
Actually, what you have is your brake linkage, not the parking brake. :good2:

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'm curious about the cause of your broken parking brake linkage. Any idea of the cause?

I have issues with my parking brake but have yet to have the time to tear into it to look for a cause. Mine doesn't want to release after it's been set. I push it down to release with foot on brake, but the handle does not go down all the way unless "encouraged" a bit more than I would think it was designed for. I have concerns that I might be heading down the same path has the OP.

·
Premium Member
2,118 Posts
I'm curious about the cause of your broken parking brake linkage. Any idea of the cause?

I have issues with my parking brake but have yet to have the time to tear into it to look for a cause. Mine doesn't want to release after it's been set. I push it down to release with foot on brake, but the handle does not go down all the way unless "encouraged" a bit more than I would think it was designed for. I have concerns that I might be heading down the same path has the OP.
Technically, there is no separate parking brake on the I series. It is a service brake lock.

Take some WD40 or something like that and spray the brake lock linkage. I spray mine routinely to keep it working freely.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

It happened a while ago so I do not recall exactly what it was but something snagged it while clearing brush

To everyone else thanks for your help, when I get some time I will provide some more details but it looks like the differential lock bell crank is the broken part. Hopefully once I get everything hooked back up everything will work.

Thanks for the quick replies and help.

·
Registered
747 Posts
I hope you can get that fixed up with no problems....

Here's a little bigger view of what's broken.

brkoe.JPG

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you everyone for the help. In order to close off the loop on this I finally got it fixed a week or so ago.

The broken part was actually the bell crank and once I was able to get the roll pin out the rest of the fix was fairly easy. Fortuantly my property is fairly flat but having breaks again is nice.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts