Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the tilt seems to be breaking in my 4310, the steering wheel doesnt seem to lock all the way in place . the tractor still steers fine its just the steering wheel is flimsy. anyone have this problem or have fixed this?

·
Premium Member
2,679 Posts
I have a 4320 but haven't had any problems as you describe, well actually any problems. Good luck.

Reactions: tackit

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
Here is the diagram. I though maybe a broken spring, but I do not see one. Sure glad I do not have this to break on my machines. Good luck.

Attachments

Reactions: tackit

·
Registered
771 Posts
Just guessing. I had a similar problem with my van's tilt wheel.

If you use the steering wheel to pull yourself up on the tractor the steering wheels metal parts overtime could have become stretched or like in my case, internal spot welds broke.

I had to replace the whole steering wheel assembly/column to fix it. The mechanic found a good used assembly of the same color at an online salvage yard. Took right at $400 to fix it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
4310 tilt

the tilt seems to be breaking in my 4310, the steering wheel doesnt seem to lock all the way in place . the tractor still steers fine its just the steering wheel is flimsy. anyone have this problem or have fixed this?
hi,, my 4210 steering wheel tilt has the same problem.. the item 37 in the jpg that Randy M sent is stuck, and I cant move the tilt. As it happens, it is in about the correct position for me, so I havent tried to see what is wrong... When I do, I will let u know if I have any luck repairing it.
Good Luck,
Mike

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 4310 has always had issues with the tilt since new, I finally took it apart and found that the locking parts are busted (29,33 in above diagram) So it looks like parts will be on order.

Dustin

·
Registered
1 Posts
Lousy tilt steering

Parts 27 and 33 mate together in a tooth lock method. JD has used similar lousy technology and part durability quality in most applications. Soft metal on soft metal, pull on the steering wheel to mount your tractor, and the teeth sheer. My solution (after 2 new sets of parts) on my 4410 was to disassemble the lot, drill and tap corresponding holes between the mating parts, then loctite the set screws in place. Tilt is a luxury I can forgo, for reliable functionality

·
Registered
1 Posts
4310 Steering Tilt Trouble

Same trouble on 4310. Is it worth buying parts? It seems they'll break again pretty easy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts