Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Started taking apart my plow to clean it up some. Would kinda like to save the original stickers but I think that will be tough. Also debating on colors. The closest to original would be cub cadet white right? Only other color I would do is maybe John Deere green or black.

And should I just clean the mold board up and leave it? Or put a very thin coat of paint on it? I read adding paint could make it harder to pull through the ground.

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
I would paint the moldboard,use it it'll polish up from the ground.

·
Registered
3,929 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Also, if anyone else is fixing up one of these plows, I was shown this website, for new decals. They will even put your plows serial number on the decal to make it look original.
VINTAGE BRINLY ATTACHMENT DECAL SET - Redo Your Horse

I ordered a set, so will let you know what I think when they arrive. I’m not going for a showroom restore, I want to use and have fun with this thing, but I want it to look nice. Gonna look into finding some IH off white paint. I have always liked my Deere’s so it seems odd searching for that paint LOL

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
Once you get the plow done then you need to show it off at a plow day.:good2:

Reactions: KennyP

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Once you get the plow done then you need to show it off at a plow day.:good2:
Just put the new decals on! Here’s some photos, it’s not a pro job, I pretty much left the moldboard and wheel alone, did run the grinder over them a little though. I guess I wanted to see what all the ground shines up first and go from there.

Oh and I was gonna pull the crank handle back off and try to clean that up some. It’s a work in progress. Overall I’m happy with how things are coming along.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Just put the new decals on! Here’s some photos, it’s not a pro job, I pretty much left the moldboard and wheel alone, did run the grinder over them a little though. I guess I wanted to see what all the ground shines up first and go from there.

Oh and I was gonna pull the crank handle back off and try to clean that up some. It’s a work in progress. Overall I’m happy with how things are coming along.
That looks Great! Once you've pulled it a couple hundred yards, the coulter and moldboard will clean themselves and shine nicely. Once you're finished plowing, wash it down and then wipe them with a light coat of oil to keep the rust off. Also oil the threads on the depth adjuster or it will rust, too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts