Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been using HF furniture dollys to move around my Frontier RC2048 and they work fine until I lowered my tail wheel because I thought it was cutting to short. Now my tail wheel rest on the ground and makes it a little bit more difficult move. I tried to put an additional 4x4 on the dolly, only problem in I can't raise the brush cutter that high off the ground. So Im curious to see what anybody else does in this situation.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,853 Posts
One thought, replace the bolt/nut that you use to adjust the height of the tail wheel with a pin and hairpin clip or lynch pin. While in use, there isn't much chance something will hit it and rip it off. While you park it on your dollys, you can easily raise and re-pin the wheel higher for parking.

I use a pallet to park mine on and once tried to mount casters but it was too high to attach to the 3 point. I think they were 3" casters. I want to try 2" or 1.5" casters when I get some time. Even then, if your wheel is lower, I would think the same problem would exist.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Ive been using HF furniture dollys to move around my Frontier RC2048 and they work fine until I lowered my tail wheel because I thought it was cutting to short. Now my tail wheel rest on the ground and makes it a little bit more difficult move. I tried to put an additional 4x4 on the dolly, only problem in I can't raise the brush cutter that high off the ground. So Im curious to see what anybody else does in this situation.

Thanks
I use a 2x6 just a tad longer than the bush hog is wide and sit the hog onto it right at the front skid. Underneath, I've 3 METAL castors at each end. On top I have 3 ell brackets to determine where the sides of the skid should go. With 3 castors underneath each end, the 2x6 will stand by itself to allow me to lower the hog onto it.

Ralph

·
Registered
8,504 Posts

Thanks
I don't move my RC2048 when its parked. It ends up with 4x4 under the front two corners of the deck and that's how it's parked.........I like Kyle's idea of using a pin (I would take it one step further and make it a hitch pin with the T handle on top for easy pulling) and then when you do park it, you could pull the pin and actually raise the rear wheel and insert the hitch pin through the hole in the tail wheel frame and prop the tail wheel so it's well above the deck level.......the tail wheel frame could rest on the hitch pin when its inserted so the rear wheel can be lifted as high as needed.......

·
Premium Member
7,593 Posts
Mine is stored outside. :flag_of_truce:But the tractor gets a spot in the barn.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts