Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody ever make a shield to cover the bottom of your tractor? I used to brush hog some pretty rough places with my Massey 65...things like buck brush, blackberries and very small saplings. But the Massey didn't have anything at risk under the tractor, although the oil dipstick got pulled out once. After an hour searching for it, I immediately painted it blaze orange. We just got a JD 2440 and there is a lot of potential for damage under the belly...ported hydraulic filter cover being just one. I think I could make a shield with expanded metal or something with some ventilation holes if overheating would be a problem. Maybe its just a crazy thing to think about doing with the tractor. Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
13,425 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,570 Posts
JD4044M. Built a very nice one for his. Search some of his posts from less than a year ago I believe and it will give you some ideas. Honestly I suspect your thread title will get his attention.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks to all for the inputs. I'll look further into the options. That video was something else...my metal working skills are not even close to that level. He apparently was not concerned about potential heat accumulation due to lack of air circulation. Am I overthinking that aspect?? I was thinking of something a little more simple, but his idea of providing access panels for filters, etc. is a really good one. I haven't yet found the post from JD4044M, so I'll keep looking.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Skid Plate

Thanks Bubber for the link to the 4044M. Lots of ideas in that thread. Nice to see old-fashioned craftsmanship still exists. Now to look at my tractor to see how something like that would fit under it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts