Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a used woods 5' brush hog and it needs a pin that holds the PTO on, how do you install one of the spring type pins and where do you get them? Also, the sides are dented in a little and it looks like they unbolt, do they sell new sides or how do you straighten them or fix them? Other than that, it's very solid with no cracks or breakage. The sides aren't terrible, I'd just like to have everything looking nice when I start to use it. Thanks.

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
11,753 Posts
I just picked up a used woods 5' brush hog and it needs a pin that holds the PTO on, how do you install one of the spring type pins and where do you get them? Also, the sides are dented in a little and it looks like they unbolt, do they sell new sides or how do you straighten them or fix them? Other than that, it's very solid with no cracks or breakage. The sides aren't terrible, I'd just like to have everything looking nice when I start to use it. Thanks.
When you stated Brush Hog, do you mean a John Deere Rotary Cutter? If so, do you have a model? This, and a photo will help answer your question a bunch. :good2:

The PTO shaft retaining pin are available at you local dealer, or most AG parts stores.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Once you pick up the replacement button for the PTO shaft,,
installation will be obvious,,,

The big hammer approach is the best answer for the bent sides,,, or,,
have a local fab shop duplicate the bent panel. :thumbup1gif:

I always make the bent part out of thicker steel, then the future bending is more difficult,,:laugh:

Reactions: 5304

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The big hammer was my first thought. It has three peened in spots on the one end of the pin, I kind of thought that must be how it has to come out. Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts