Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I put my old 48" Brush Hog Squeeler on the 3pt hitch of my 1025R. I don't have a FEL and soon discovered that on uneven ground my steering became awfully easy. Guess if I'm going to use the brush hog I'm going to need to fabricate some front ballast mounts for my left over suit case weights from my old 425...I did like the use of the "hog" and didn't run it at the recommended 540PTO rpm's but at 460 which was about 2700 engine rpm. Cut up everything I wanted removed...

·
Registered
947 Posts

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
I have a 4' KK and I found the need to have 7 of the 42lbs weights on the front. I ordered my 1026 with 4 weights and with only 4 on the front would come right off the ground at times.

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
My CountyLine TSC mower will make my 1026R's front end pretty light. If I had flat ground I think it would be ok, but I do not own flat land. I use my loader to keep the front end on the ground. It's also nice to keep the weeds knocked down before I run them over and mower them off.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just a little follow-up.
With the 54mmm deck and two suit case weights the tractor is much more stable. I think two more suit case weights would do the trick even better. With the deck on and going slowing over un-even ground with the deck raised it very comfortable!!

·
Registered
96 Posts
I add 5 of the 42 lb suitcase weights to the front bumper of my 1026R with a 4' bush hog and that works fine. I use 4WD on uneven terrain.

If you have a loader I would just use that but in my case I'm dodging trees through a woods so I don't want the loader hanging out in front.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts