Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made a dolly for my forks and bucket I think it turned out good for a first attempt. The only change is I need to move the casters out a little more on the fork frame side to make it a little more stable. It's fine the way it is but just a little tippy if your not careful. Now to get some green or yellow paint

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
I made a dolly for my forks and bucket I think it turned out good for a first attempt. The only change is I need to move the casters out a little more on the fork frame side to make it a little more stable. It's fine the way it is but just a little tippy if your not careful. Now to get some green or yellow paint
Great looking job. I have been using a regular pallet for storing my bucket but this would allow hauling both on trailer easily. Neat work.

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts
That's pretty cool !!! Nice job !! :kidw_truck_smiley:

·
Registered
607 Posts
This is on my project list, but I wasn't going to connect the sides with cross braces. Is that something you tried at all? I'm just trying to save myself time from building to separate fork-mounted wheels and having it not work...

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is on my project list, but I wasn't going to connect the sides with cross braces. Is that something you tried at all? I'm just trying to save myself time from building to separate fork-mounted wheels and having it not work...
If you don't connect them together it won't work with just the bucket which is when you would need it when you are using the forks

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Ok, I see that point. I was trying to avoid having to always set my forks to the same width. Maybe I'll make the cross brace adjustable. :cheers:
Or just make the slots wide enough to accommodate the various fork widths that you could be set at.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The boxes are 2"x 4" inside and 24" long. The spreaders are 1 1/2" x 3" and 2 1/2" in from the edge of the box. The length of the spreaders are what I leave my forks spaced at. It's not critical. The only change I would make is let the bottom of the box stick out 2" on one end so you can move the caster out further on the side that you insert the fork from. It would be more stable

1 - 16 of 16 Posts